1957 Wagon Fuel Tank Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Wagon Fuel Tank Needed

I bought Lee Skelly's 1957 Broadmoor that he listed on EBAY recently. I will need a fuel tank for it. If anyone has one for sale please email me.

1957 Packard Clipper
    1958 Golden Hawk
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1963 R2 Daytona
    1963 R2 GT Hawk
    1963 R1 Wagonaire
    1963 R4 Avanti
    1964 Champ
    1966 Cruiser

By changing the fuel output line, you should be able to use the '59-'64 Lark Wagon Type tank which is way more available!

The '57 used the sending unit with the line coming out, the later tanks have a line coming out of the right front instead of top left. You can plug the sender, or use a later (also easier to find) sender, or put a fuel return line into the sender if you run a four barrel Carburetor, R1 Engine, want cooler fuel for anti-vapor-lock or Supercharger!

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

By changing the fuel output line, you should be able to use the '59-'64 Lark Wagon Type tank which is way more available!

The '57 used the sending unit with the line coming out, the later tanks have a line coming out of the right front instead of top left. You can plug the sender, or use a later (also easier to find) sender, or put a fuel return line into the sender if you run a four barrel Carburetor, R1 Engine, want cooler fuel for anti-vapor-lock or Supercharger!

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
      Ah, that explains why my gas gage in my '56 wagon is wacky. I have a '63 wagon's tank in my '56 wagon. The only thing I had to do is drill a hole in the crimp lip an inch further forward to accomodate the mounting bolt. The lark is further back fron the Parkview. Other than that, it just slid right in! I also like the location of the intake. With the older tank one can run out of fuel without being out. ie: if one is going up or down a steep incline the gas will flow away from the intake tube which is mounted in the top of the tank going straight down. With the Lark tank, this tube is located in a depression on the bottom of the tank. Much better!

By the by, congrats on that Broadmoor! She looks like a real beauty![:X][8D]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
      X