PDA

View Full Version : Any one ordered from Studebaker int?

tim87114
11-10-2008, 07:02 PM
I order the full set of manuals from Studebaker int last week via Internet and paid for 2 day priority. It's been exactly a week. Any one ever order from thier online service and had issues?

StudeRich
11-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Just about all of us order from their phone line, I never heard of anyone using on line ordering or having a problem with it. [:0]

You simply need to call them and they will rectify the problem, always much better to talk to real people, whenever you are given the opportunity these days! [^]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/studerich/My64Daytona.jpg
StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA

sweetolbob
11-10-2008, 07:55 PM
I have ordered many times from both SI and Sasco within the last month.( 54K needs a lot of stuff) I've used both phone and internet, although I prefer phone. Every order has arrived within three shipping days, but remember I live in Northern Michigan. The only downside of the internet was no notification of shipping but that's not an issue if the items show up in three days or less.

You being in California can add a fair amount of shipping time depending on the date shipped. I aways try to order early in the week from the West Coast or the shipping will drag into the second week. If I were ordering from the west coast, I'd use USPS priority mail, it's three days in most cases.

I don't know why your shipment was delayed. If if were me, I'd call and ask. The folks at SI and Sasco are great to deal with.

Bob :)

54-61-62
11-10-2008, 07:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by sweetolbob

but remember I live in Northern Michigan.

Your in Northern Michigan? Theres not many Stude guys up here. I'm in Reed City Michigan (between Big Rapids & Cadillac).

tim87114
11-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Well comes to find out what I was fearing when I ordered happened. Because I recently moved but didn't update my card info yet, my billing and shipping address was different. They didn't catch it and shipped it to my old address. No biggie, I wasn't stressing anyhow. They are so nice to deal with it would be hard to get upset over something so small. Hopefully when I get home it will be sitting on the door step.

HookedonStudies
11-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I am curious as to how Bay City be considered Northern Michigan? If indeed this is the case, how do you refer to the Upper Peninsula? Southern Ontario?

55 Commander
58 Transtar
62 GT Hawk
66 Cruiser

sweetolbob
11-12-2008, 09:35 PM
We rubes up here tend to identify with the northern types in the state. You know the type: friendly neighbors, deer wandering through the yard, several weapons of various large caliber on location, disappear into the woods on Nov. 15th to fill the freezer, actually catch fish in the lake and consume same. Communities of less than 40K souls are the largest cities here and to the north.

I also believe that Midland calls itself "The Gateway To The North", which I guess puts us at the eeer! The Gateway to the north, which would infer that we are dang close to Northen Michigan.

We just can't get a handle on the sophistication necessary to be a Southern Michigan native and live in the class and culture of our major metro centers such as Detroit and Grand Rapids. Therefore we can't identify so we consider ourselves North.

In my 65 years in Michigan the upper peninsula is considered just that, the upper peninsula with northern michigan beginning north of M-20.

Bob [}:)]