No announcement yet.

Replating, rechroming recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replating, rechroming recommendations?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a company that rechromes items? I live near Saint Paul/Minneapolis. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Terri

1963 GT Hawk donor car, currently being disassembled for parts...
    Looking forward to purchasing another Stude for my daily driver.

Hi Terri.

I live in the area, but it depends what you want to rechrome. Are these small items or bumpers?
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Mostly small items, but sometimes bumpers.

Comment

Almost every medium size town has someone who can do it...depending upon the price & quality you're looking for.

Ask round in the local antique car or rod community.
        There are probably some rod shops/customizers in your area, ask them for local recommendations.

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Librandis Plating in Middletown Pa.They have done work for me and I am very pleased. There bread and butter comes from the Harley Davidson plant in York Pa.
          They are also into old cars!

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Iverson in Minnetonka does great work. He did a few Hawk items for me a few years ago. He is not budget basement, but you should be very happy with the results. Dennis Gage has used him. Here's the link:

As far as I know he doesn't do bumpers. There's a place in northern MN that did my hawk bumper about 4 years ago and did a great job. If you're interested in contact information let me know and I'll dig it up.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
            X