48 Stude Road Trip 298 Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 Stude Road Trip 298 Miles

Went to the Ozark Trails Meeting Sunday to a little town in Missouri. Called Pierce City. As I pulled up to the meeting the Historian of the town came over to me with a book in his hand and showed me the picture of the Studebaker Dealer that used to be there. 2 of our members Studebakers were bought there. The town had been hit with a tornado some years back and the tallest building had been damaged they rebuilt most of and made it in to meeting place and restaurant. When we left there we went to my aunts 90th birthday party. She always comes out to see what Studebaker we are driving. And she always tells the story about the new Frazer they bought in 1948. It was late and cold when we started home. My dash lights up but can't see the needle to tell how fast i"m going just had to stay with the flow. I had put a partition between the inside of the car and trunck of the business coupe made it with a 1 inch insulation board and 1/4 inch plywood and carpet on both sides. It will heat up now and a lot quieter now. Had a fun day. The drive shaft vibrates over 75 mph but thats my speed warning. I'm not going to worry about it.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Worth all the sweat and effort, huh?
    Congrat's!
    Jeff[8D]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Bet you had some fun and got plenty of thumbs up in the biz coupe!

Cabrina Dieters
      Murfreesboro TN

Comment

Carl and his lovely wife Betty have to be the original prototype for the "enegizer bunny" because they go everywhere with gusto, usually in a very nice Studebaker. Pierce City, MO was almost wiped off the map a few years ago by a devastating tornado but with typical central US
        perserverance they are rebuilding their little town. Neighbor helped neighbor and business owners even traded property to allow location more suitable for each party.

Comment

I live in N.E. Lawrence county, but can't remember the last time I went through Pierce City. Several years ago, my uncle told me that My great, great grandmother was a Pierce, but left town and moved north just before the Civil War. Guess I shoulda made the trip, today.

Comment

Working...
          X