PDA

View Full Version : '55 Foglight Bumperettes - not quite!

STEWDI
11-07-2008, 04:42 PM
I didn't do my homework, and now I've paid for it.
At Lancaster, I bot 2 re-chomed foglight bumperettes that I intended to put on my '55 sedan. I knew that the they were not for '53/'54 and the contour seemed to match the bunper of the '55 sedan for sale in the swap meet area, but when I tried them on my car at home they ALMOST fit, my bumpers seeming to be just a bit (1/4 inch?) too tall!SHOOT!!
What did I miss? What do these fit? Would anybody kill me if I did some grinding to MAKE them fit? Obviuosly there is another slightly different size of Stude bumper out there just to screw us up. Any body want to swap foglight bumperettes?

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
47 M-5
Izzer Buggy
Junior Wagon

KGlowacky
11-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Not a good idea to start grinding on new or old chrome. Chrome is a one piece application. If you grind an edge of chrome off you could/will run the strong posibillity of a giant chuck of chrome falling off. Trust me I speak from experiance. I tried to grind a little off one of my newly chromed pieces and I was back at the chromers begging for mercy. Once the chrome is ground off a edge it will flake. Good luck. I don't have to remind anyone that chrome is expensive.