hi everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi everyone!

im workin on a 1955 stude pickup, my ? is what years will enterchange with the doors.and windows. my windshied is one piece with a big bow curve in the middle.is only the 55 one piece? thanks [

From 1954 to 1964 the same one piece windshield was used in all C-Cab Trucks. The doors on C-Cabs were essentially the same from 1949 to 1964, trim, etc. will differ by year. The rear window was enlarged on the C-Cabs starting in 55 (I think) and was the same through 64 as well.
    Remember of course that the 60 to 64 - 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks were T-Cabs (Champs) so no major cab body parts from your 55 will interchange with those units.

Post some pics when you have a moment.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009?
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Welcome!

What Mark said. One-piece windshield started in 54 and was used in all C-cabs until the end in 64. They are available brand-new. Large rear window started in 55 and was also used until the end. They're readily available used. Doors and door glass were the same 49-64. Parts vendors are listed here:

If you're not a member, join SDC and gain access to technical data and many other sources of parts!

Skip Lackie
      Washington DC
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Welcome Chief, There is nothing like a Stude truck. Good old rigs and tougher than homemade soap too. I'd like to see some pics also.

Gordon

Comment

Welcome Chief !
          This forum is a great place for help. As Skip said, look into joining the SDC even if it's just for the Turning Wheels Magazine alone. We wouldn't have been able to go as far as we have with our 55 C-cab without it or the input of the people on the forum. Do you have any pictures of your truck?

Also John use to live in Hutchinson as a child.

John and Tracy Smith
          Queen Creek Arizona

Comment

Working...
          X