Nov 3rd, 1958 - This Day In History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov 3rd, 1958 - This Day In History

Interesting info and video's on this blog site....
    Jeff[8D]

"Model X" Studebaker Dealer video:

http://romanoarchives.altervista.org1959 Studebaker film for internal use.Part 1 of 2Editing by ROMANO-ARCHIVES."SUBSCRIBING to this Channel is a MUST for re...

and
    http://romanoarchives.altervista.org1959 Studebaker film for internal use.Part 2 of 2Editing by ROMANO-ARCHIVES."SUBSCRIBING to this Channel is a MUST for re...

Los Angeles Times blogs that were published between 2006 and 2013.

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

To those who would like to have a clearer version of this video, you can buy it from Studebaker International.
    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Jeff, you find the coolest stuff.!!

Jamie McLeod
      Hope Mills, NC
      Jamie McLeod
      Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
      1958 Commander "Christine"
      1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
      1955 Commander Sedan
      1964 Champ
      1960 Lark

Comment

I never knew the Lark was such a [8D]men in black[8D] type project. [8D]Model X[8D]

ChopStu
        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

"Dunk" whoda thunk?

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Added on the Los Angeles Times website Blog, below the first half of the Studebaker Packard Corp. dealer video "Model X":

"Look beyond the nostalgia factor in this film produced for Studebaker dealers. Listen to the comments. The Studebaker Lark was, according to this film, intended to give consumers what they wanted: a low-priced, fuel economy car. We know today, of course, that Studebaker failed for many reasons. But these executives were positive they had read the market correctly."

Added below the second half of the Video:

"Your product philosophy is right. This is exactly what our customers want." (a quote from the Video)

Absolutely WRONG! This is implying that in after thought, (hindsight) the world knows now that this concept was all wrong and did not work, and a small Compact car was not what the buying American public wanted! They are mocking these Studebaker executives! "Studebaker failed" ...NO! this is about the Lark, and WE know, it definitely did NOT fail! [:0]

How they misunderstand, Studebaker ultimately DID fail, but certainly not the Lark or because of it, also much later! and they give no credit where much is very well deserved! This car sold more than ANY in Studebaker's 107 year Vehicle Manufacturing history! [V]

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

This car sold more than ANY in Studebaker's 107 year Vehicle Manufacturing history! [V]

StudeRich
              I guess if you combine all Lark types together, they sold a lot as a model, but year by year Lark was never the top seller. Studebaker sold the most cars in 1950. In fact, they sold more cars in 1950 than in 1959 and 1960 combined. For each year from 1948 through 1953, Studebaker sold more cars than for any single year after that.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Well one good thing came out of this, I found an awesome video that some guy in Texas made of his beautiful '64 GT Hawk! With GREAT sound![^]

If you like the airbrushed "Hawk" theme or not, this

PRESENTATION is even BETTER! [^]

It came up in the "suggested" U Tube videos of similar topics.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Deepnhock, when I saw the subject line I knew it had to be your Birthday[}]

Ebon...
                  [img][/img]

"I sweat to keep others cool"

Comment

Working...
                  X