This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOT OT- San Francisco Bay Area info needed

Next May-June the Potomac Chapter, SDC is taking another long trip (like our 6,000-mile Route 66 trip in '03, but further north). We plan to leave Chambersburg, PA on 5/20 on the old Lincoln Highway and end up in the San Francisco Bay Area on 6/6. In that we used to live in EastBay (Castro Valley), my wife and I are wagonmasters for California. I was always fond of Jack London Square in Oakland and had planned to stay there for the five days/four nights we will be in the SF area. Recently I was told that the Jack London area has become pretty seedy and we might not want to stay there. So, my question is- is anyone familiar enough with Jack London Square to advise us re staying there? If not there, where?
    Thanks,

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/64%20Daytona%20Convertible/Copy%20of%20DaytonaConvert7-20-06.JPG[/img=right]

Paul Johnson
    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
    Museum R-4 engine
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

The Jack London area has been seedy for decades. I would avoid it.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

The Jack London area has been seedy for decades. I would avoid it.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Paul,

Lived in the Danville, Blackhawk area before moving to the warmer southern clims of San Diego(how bout them Chargers!)4 yrs. ago. The area around the I-580/I-680 interchange has built up tremendously, lots of hotels, restaurants, a BART stop to go into SF, the Blackhawk Museum is within 5 miles. If you time it well, there always the Good Guys shows at the Fairgrounds. Enough motel/hotel choices to go from cheapo to 4 stars.

Chuck

Comment

Paul,

Lived in the Danville, Blackhawk area before moving to the warmer southern clims of San Diego(how bout them Chargers!)4 yrs. ago. The area around the I-580/I-680 interchange has built up tremendously, lots of hotels, restaurants, a BART stop to go into SF, the Blackhawk Museum is within 5 miles. If you time it well, there always the Good Guys shows at the Fairgrounds. Enough motel/hotel choices to go from cheapo to 4 stars.

Chuck

Comment

Working...
          X