Least expensive green engine paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least expensive green engine paint

While I have the engine out of my 50 and the doghouse off I want to paint the engine and other parts. My question is, where is the least expensive place to get the green paint for the engine. Or, is there an engine green that will match the engine color that can be bought someplace like Autozone etc.

Jimmie
    Orleans, IN

1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
    I'VE SAVED SO MUCH DAYLIGHT THAT THERE'S NO DARK TO SLEEP IN ANYMORE!
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Yes you could buy it locally, if you can get a NAPA store that does Automotive Body Paint mixing to do it, and try for Military Green or 1940's and 1950's Bell Telephone Co. Truck Green, but the cost would be over double or triple the $12.50 a 12 OZ spray can that I get, and you need a professional spray gun and compressor to spray it! [:0]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I just buy mine from Myers Studebaker or Studebaker International. They sell good quality product and it is always good when you can support a Studebaker vendor so they will be there in the future when you need them

1957 Packard Clipper
      1958 Golden Hawk
      1963 Daytona Convertible
      1963 R2 Daytona
      1963 R2 GT Hawk
      1963 R1 Wagonaire
      1963 R4 Avanti
      1964 Champ
      1966 Cruiser

Comment

The stuff from Stude Inter. is very good paint, it adheres well to engine castings. I really stinks, tho, I use a resppirator when spraying it.[xx(]

Comment

Working...
        X