Stainless from a Stude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless from a Stude?

These pieces came from a box in the backseat with my 63 Lark project but I'm fairly sure they don't belong to my car.
    Recognize them?
    Thanks!

Western Washington, USA

Pretty sure they go on the 1/4 panels just in front of the wheels, a "stone guard" if you will

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

Yes Tom they are the Standard on '64-'66 Cruiser, rear fender stone Guards also an AC Accessory on all other models. They will fit all 1962 to 1966 Lark Types except Wagons, including yours! [:0]

Looks like 2 Rights and a Left, the point goes down.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I learn something new everyday here. Thanks guys!

Western Washington, USA

Comment

The point goes up, Rich. Tom, I just happen to need a left for my Cruiser and you've got two of them. Hmmmmmmmm......

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

And speaking of stainless from a Stude....

Last night the wifey 'n me bought a new set of stainless Lenox flatware - service for twelve.[^] Made in China, of course.

This morning I set about unwrapping all of the pieces so's I could give them an initial bath in the dishwasher. These things were double-boxed, bubble-wrapped and individually sleeved in plastic. After working thru the two boxes and the bubble-wrap, I slid the first piece - a dinner fork - into my hand.

ZAP!!! There was a BURST of a vision, like a flash of an image on a dark movie screen. It lasted a second at best, but the image is seared into my brain. For that fleeting streak of a moment, I was confronted with an instant replay of the few stainless tidbits that I'd left on that Wagonaire hulk that the scrap guys hauled off 4 months ago![:0]
            Surely these eating utensils aren't borne of those very stainless mouldings! Right??? [V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr Biggs, Now that is a horrible thought. ! ! ! Are you trying to give me nightmares. ? ? ? ? ? I can see it now... Chinese undercover agents scouring the countryside with towtrucks.... looking for poor, wayfaring Studebakers to kidnap and load on a container ship to take to China and make slaves out of them... oh, the humanity.! ! To be used in such a diabolical plot. I'm gonna lock mine up just in case.

sals54
              sals54

Comment

Guess it's a good thing that all of ours are too rusty to be used as scrap.

[)]

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

No worries, those utensils are probably made with more lead than Stude stainless! Yikes.

Comment

So, you're saying there's possibly a good side? High lead content means my lifespan is shortened, and as a consequence, I get to spend less time fretting over the fate of this metal collection I've been fostering!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

Comment

Working...
                    X