TW ad's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW ad's

Just a heads up to those running TW ad's. Either don't post a price in your long running or raise them enough to cover any price increases while the ad runs. I get price increases most every quarter and I have to raise my prices. My Avanti trunk liner cost went up from $110 to $122, then $129 and finally $145 last week. I had never updated my ad from a 2 year old price of $125 since I only sell maybe one set a year.
    I got a call for a order and tried to explain my price had gone up and could not sell at the old retail and the customer declined to order.
    I thought that was the end of it until I got a call from TW explaining I had to honor the ad price or not be allowed to run a ad.
    If you operate on a small mark up, you might want to build in a bigger margin to cover increases in the life of the ad. i.e. I was selling the mat at 40% off retail before I got in trouble.
    No question it was my fault by not updating my retail or not cutting it so close to my cost. BTW, keep a eye on UPS rates too, I was charging $20 to drop ship carpets when I noticed it was costing me $28

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

I hope this happened a few months ago.
    If not- you know'll happen next...

StudeDave '57 [)]
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Some put an end date for the validity of their ad prices. You could at least put a statement in a long running ad that prices are subject to change. You could have a statement that due to price fluctuations, contact seller for current price.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I like the disclaimer idea, thanks.

JDP/Maryland
        "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
        Thomas Jefferson
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
        X