54K get a little sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 54K get a little sun

Just finished installing the windshield and rear glass yesterday. Today will probably be one of the last fall days we will have enough sun to heat the rubber.

As a side note: The install went quite well using a selection of rope, tablespoons (Shhh! Judy was gone), putty knives, plastic applicators and mucho soap solution. Upon further review, If I had it to do over, I'd weld a 1/2" to 3/4" lip to extend the pinchweld and use The new Urethane Windshield Goop and eliminate the rubber.

Here's what he looks like in the sun.

Here's the front view with painted bumper and silver painted grill bars.

From the rear with silver painted bumper.

The interior is a mess but this is the digital dash close to finished.

And last but not least the engine, some what modified from the original siezed six cylinder.

You can now see my vision of the number one car on my vehicle bucket list. There is a lot to do over the winter but for the first time in the sixteen years I've been working on it I know it will hit the road in the spring.

Bob

I'll again apologize for the large pictures but I'm still so happy I could -- Well you know!!

Nice looking custom...I like your mods.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

What an awesome ride you have there! I really like it. I'm more of an all Stude powered kind of guy. But this one does for me. Your going to have blast a driving it in the Spring. Good thing you put the windshield in or you would end up with bugs in your teeth. That's from smiling & driving!![:0]

Gordon

Comment

Wow that looks nice!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
        Proud new owner of a 56 Power Hawk!

Comment

Fantastic looking car. The painted bumpers and trim fit the overall look very well.
          What kind of windshield wiper motor is that? Was it hard to install?

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
          "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Nice []. I REALLY like the look head on from the front.

I would have to get the front end down a couple of inches, though...but that's just me.

(great pictures BTW)

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Very nice and sanitary job.Well done!
              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

I like it. Nice car.
                Denny L

Comment

I love a good looking fighter jet type of digital display, especially with visuals. Nice work!!

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left]
                  [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                  [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                  1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                  1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                  1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                  1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Nice Ride! I particularly like the paint scheme. Gonna be fun.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words folks. To 52-fan: The wiper motor is from a late 90's Camaro. It turns the same direction as the original and bolts in place with the addition of a couple new holes. Depth throught the firewall is very close to the original also. I connected it to the original transmission buy welding a small tapered shaft to the stude fat H coupler. Power up the wiper motor until it goes in park mode. Turn the Stude transmission so the wipers are also in the park position and bolt the transmission to the motor. Neglecting this step results in some violent unexpected wiper action. Yep! I found out the hard way.

I used this motor because I have a Late 90's Camaro column in the car and a much modified Camaro wiring harness and ECM. All the functions on the column work including variable speed wipers, turn signals and headlight dimmer. Bob

Comment

I like it a lot. In person, I could spend 2 hours devouring every detail of the build.
                        engine, trans, rear end, suspension, steering brakes, tilt column, gauges, stance, you name it. Happen to have a build journal or photo album?

San antonio TX. 53 Champion Coupe, to be brought back from the dead.
                        "Of course it will fit, I have a torch"

Comment

Working...
                        X