I learned something today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I learned something today

I have a 259 mounted in an M pickup with an Edelbrock carb on a stock 4-bbl manifold. The engine was made to slant towards the back of the car it came out of so the intake manifold is angled to compensate for the slant, tilting the carburater toward the front in my installation. I have talked to several people about this, and nobody seemed to know if there was a spacer that would level the carb. There is--I found one today at a swap meet. It came off of a 350 Chevy marine engine--the seller didn't know any more than that but thought the engine came out of a jet ski boat of some type. In any case, if any of you have that problem, check the marine market. The spacer is perfect.

Jeff

There were no tapered spacers from Studebaker, all of the V-8 Truck carburetors tilt forward because the engines sit level and the manifolds are made for cars that angle down in the back for driveshaft clearance. It has never been a problem.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The problem for me was aesthetic--the truck ran fine, I just didn't like the way it looked. The boat spacer leveled the carb, making me happy. As for the M, I can't tell any difference in performance but she seem happy too.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X