Sad News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News

We learned at the FL State Meet that Raymond Loewy's Daughter passed away at age 55. Here is some information:

1957 Packard Clipper
    1958 Golden Hawk
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1963 R2 Daytona
    1963 R2 GT Hawk
    1963 R1 Wagonaire
    1963 R4 Avanti
    1964 Champ
    1966 Cruiser

That's very sad and shocking. I've traded a few emails with her in the past and she was always very upbeat. Does anyone know any more details? She was so helpful with items for TW articles and will surely be missed.

Comment

If you check the Obituaries here in the Forum, you'll find Ms. Loewy's death notice.

Chris Pile
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

One of the articles mention that she passed in her sleep.

1957 Packard Clipper
        1958 Golden Hawk
        1963 Daytona Convertible
        1963 R2 Daytona
        1963 R2 GT Hawk
        1963 R1 Wagonaire
        1963 R4 Avanti
        1964 Champ
        1966 Cruiser

Comment

Received this sad news last week & reflected on time spent with Laurence when she did a presentation on her legendary father at the Avanti dinner during the SDC Charlotte Meet in 2004. Truely a delightful lady to meet.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
          MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
          MELBOURNE.

Comment

Shocking and sad news indeed. [V]

I met her at the GA meet in '05. I think my granddad has a picture of her and him beside our Avanti.

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Sorry indeed to read of this. Has any cause of death been published? She certainly seemed to be in good health, no? And by no means old!

(Matthew: Treasure and preserve that photo. I can't tell you how much it will mean to you in 40 or 50 years.) BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

According to what information there was when announced on the Yahoo Avanti Group, Ms. Loewy's husband had said she had been having health issues for the last few years.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
                Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Matthew, that is a treasure of a picture. Thanks for sharing it. I hope that she didn't suffer during her health problems. Very sad.

Comment

Maybe you could mention meeting her in your T.W. article Matthew and do a little story if you have enough material.

1957 Packard Clipper
                    1958 Golden Hawk
                    1963 Daytona Convertible
                    1963 R2 Daytona
                    1963 R2 GT Hawk
                    1963 R1 Wagonaire
                    1963 R4 Avanti
                    1964 Champ
                    1966 Cruiser

Comment

What a shame and a shock to hear of Laurence Loewy's death. Way too young to die. She was such a dynamic person and will be missed.
                      Rest in peace.
                      Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                      X