Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solid, straight 63 2dsd Lark in Fresno- $200!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid, straight 63 2dsd Lark in Fresno- $200!!

Seller calls it a 64 4 cyl[xx(] Looks very straight and solid! Pretty desirable car in my book:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Looks like a nice little car. I'd pay for it and someone's gas if they'd pick it up for me. I can't go get it till my Gimmy is up and going and that won't happen for a few more weeks.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Not a bad looking little Regal 2 dr.! [^] That sure looks familiar, I think we saw it a while ago.
      Wouldn't he be surprised if he popped the hood and found a 289 or Avanti R1 or R2 in there! It does look like it would be an OHV 6, by the Lark emblems front and rear.

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Gulp. If all they want is $200, all they have to do is call the junk yard. It will bring that immediately in today's market.[V] At least they are willing to offer it anywhere before doing so. I, too, hope someone at least takes it home for Studebaker parts. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Isn't this the one that Anne Goodman looked at about a year ago? And that sure does look like the 6-cyl Lark plaque on the trunk lid.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
          1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Ron, I'd think for a deuce you'd get it bought NOW, then get to work on hauling it! I bet the seller is somebody that doesn'tknow scrap value, and once he finds out, he'll just take that! Get on it!!

As for scrap- around here it's fallen from $300/ton to $80[:0] We got offered $100/car for a few this week; so my junkyard will start growing again till the next runup

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Again, on the wrong side of the country. I just looked at a 63 Daytona. Rusty rockers and floors, upper quarters starting to rust, rough interior, don't know if it runs, hood hinges all out of whack....... $2500.00. The seller got insulted when I offered him $500.00, which is probably more than it is worth.

Jamie McLeod

starliner62
              Hope Mills, NC
              Jamie McLeod
              Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
              1958 Commander "Christine"
              1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
              1955 Commander Sedan
              1964 Champ
              1960 Lark

Comment

We looked it it when it was $1200 or so and passed. We called Thursday and were told it was sold.

JDP/Maryland
                "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                Thomas Jefferson
                JDP Maryland

Comment

If the car is sold, this is all achemedic, however: Bob, for me to pick up the car would require a Greyhound ticket to Fresno. Then Taxi service from the station to the local U-Haul. From there a one-way rental of a truck and trailer. I live about three hundred miles from Fresno. That adds up to a rental of several hundred dollars, not including gas. So the cost of the car goes to five or six hundred dollars. That's two to three hundred (or more) dollars I'd rather spend on the Gimmy (or Bess, for that matter), thanks.

But, as I said, the car is apparently sold, so it's all achedemic.

Ron Smith
                  Ron Smith

Comment

Be patient with me, Jamie.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Guess what- here's what became of this car:

It looks even better than in the Craig's List ad (which is now deleted)

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Yep its the same car just saw the ad.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                        1957 Silverhawk
                        1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                        Gus 1958 Transtar
                        1955 President State
                        1957 Golden Hawk
                        Fresno,Ca
                        Mabel 1949 Champion
                        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                        Gus 1958 Transtar
                        The Prez 1955 President State
                        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Cool car. That sure would make a nice daily driver. It would be a great first car for my 15yr old daughter. Bad timing though.

Gordon

Comment

Well, it looks interesting still. Yet, my situation still exists. Moving it right now would be a problem.

Rich, are you sure it's a Regal. That looks like bottom level trim for a '63. And wasn't the Regal called Daytona in '63? Regardless, the owner is clueless calling the thing a Cruiser. Ah, well. Someone with a bank account will probably get it. And better, I suppose, they do.

Ron Smith
                            Ron Smith

Comment

No Ron; in '63 the "Custom" was the top of the line Sedan, not including Daytona and Cruiser of course, since they were not "bread & butter, mid priced top selling Sedans.

StudeRich
                              Studebakers Northwest
                              Ferndale, WA
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X