PDA

View Full Version : Shreveport

johnesmonde
10-25-2008, 11:32 PM
I will be visiting Shreveport, Louisiana from Nov.5 to 16 and would be interested in meeting SDC members to see their cars and talk Studebakers. Also interested in local sources for parts for Hawk and Lark.

J0hn

John Esmonde
Holland Landing, Ontario
Canada
'62 Hawk
'30 Chev Coach

52-fan
10-28-2008, 02:35 PM
When I lived in Texarkana, I was a member of the Louisiana SDC chapter for a few years. At that time, I did not know of any members in Shreveport, but the chapter held their meeting there once a year. Maybe you could get someone on the forum to look in their roster to give you a contact person. You might even be lucky enough to hit the right month for the chapter meeting to be there if they still rotate each meeting.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/52-fan/StudebakersofArkansas2-1.jpg
1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
"I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."

mjeansonne
10-29-2008, 03:27 PM
John;

I used to work in Shreveport and still go up there to have my prosthetic leg checked at Snell's. I may be up there while you are there. Nevertheless, I live in Alexandria which is approx. 105 miles south of Shreveport on I-49. Let me know and maybe we can meet up.

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

mjeansonne
10-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I forgot to say that I don't know of many Studebaker owners in Shreveport. The last meeting we had there, I put together, that was a couple of years ago. We had a good turnout, but I knew of only one Studebaker member from Bossier City across the river.

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

johnesmonde
10-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi Michael Jeansonne,
I tried to send you an e-mail but I don't think it worked. Discussing Stude related issues would be great. See if you can e-mail me

Thanks,
John

John Esmonde
Holland Landing, Ontario
Canada
'62 Hawk
'30 Chev Coach