This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a cross support

I have a '63 GT Hawk. I am in need of the frame cross member that links the frame to the body, the one that runs directly under the transmission. I see CE carries the floor/dody supports but not this part. Anyone out there have one they'd like to part with. For whatever reason mine is rotted on the drivers side but fairly solid on the passenger side. You can imagine the results of not having good support there! The rest of the frame work/troughs are in good order. Go figure. Is this unusual?

Check your driver's door pillar, i'm guessing that somehow water is getting down into that "batwing" and making it rust. just a guess. anyway I don't have one but IIRC it is the same part 54-64 so one shouldn't be too hard to scrounge up.

good luck,

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Check your driver's door pillar, i'm guessing that somehow water is getting down into that "batwing" and making it rust. just a guess. anyway I don't have one but IIRC it is the same part 54-64 so one shouldn't be too hard to scrounge up.

good luck,

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

CKOT,

the part number is 1539102. We have Good Used, from California Cars that were parted out and they run about $100.00, if you would like to call Jon 740-674-4897 he can talk to you and let you know.
        thanks,
        linda

Comment

CKOT,

the part number is 1539102. We have Good Used, from California Cars that were parted out and they run about $100.00, if you would like to call Jon 740-674-4897 he can talk to you and let you know.
          thanks,
          linda

Comment

hey, have 54 coupe cross member, south of HOUSTON TX. looks real good
            281 331 2229 BLALOCK AUTO SALES ALVIN TX. 3030 W HWY 6

Comment

hey, have 54 coupe cross member, south of HOUSTON TX. looks real good
              281 331 2229 BLALOCK AUTO SALES ALVIN TX. 3030 W HWY 6

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the responses, I'll be calling one of you two who have one available. I found the culprit.....antenna. Leaking down through for years I am guessing, and makes total sense now as well.

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the responses, I'll be calling one of you two who have one available. I found the culprit.....antenna. Leaking down through for years I am guessing, and makes total sense now as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X