Pedal pad ID needed - Weasel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal pad ID needed - Weasel

I am hoping that someone will be able to cross reference a Studebaker clutch or brake pedal pad (rubber cover) to a specific year car or truck.

The part number is SD-905598.

Any leads as to where I might find some of these will be a great help.

Jim Gilmore
    Jim Thorpe, PA

Welcome to the SDC Forum! Is that a Ford or Chrysler number? I have never seen any Studebaker Clutch/Brake pedal covers, except the very late type used on '61-'66 Lark Type, '63-'64 Champs and Avanti only. The '47-'60, '61-'64 Hawk and '47-'64 Truck type are actual Steel Pedals with the Rubber bonded on.

Because there are no correct aftermarket cross-over parts or numbers for Studebaker pedal pads, you simply just buy them from one of us Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com and only have to deal with Studebaker part numbers as in the Studebaker Chassis Parts Catalogs.

Maybe what you are looking for is the round '47-'54 Car and Truck type steel with rubber bonded on Stude. # 675269 about $30.00 a pair, they have a fine thread stud in the center and do fit old Fords. They look and function way better than the Ford type, having fine circular grooves all the way to the center.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich,

Thanks for replying....

The number I listed is the Studebaker Part number for this item.

I did not list the vehicle it goes on as I was hoping someone might have a master parts list for Studebakers circa 1930/1950.

The cover is a rectangle rubber slip-on type and is used on the T-24, M-29 and M-29C Cargo Carrier (Weasel).

I believe it was an off-the-shelf part from the 1940's.

Perhaps from a Studebaker truck?

Jim Gilmore
      Jim Thorpe, PA

Comment

You might try changing the title of your post to something with Weasel and/or the military ID number in it so one of the Weasel owners might chime in. They might not read this post otherwise.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
        "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

52 Fan,

Thanks for the advice....I will add Weasel to the topic...

However, I am trying to "go outside the box" here as Weasel owners, restorers and parts suppliers have none of these and do not know where they can find them.

I restore military vehicles for a living and have been researching Weasels for many years. I have found that many parts are the same as civilian cars and trucks and can be found from parts suppliers of these vehicles.

Example, the driveshaft U-joints (Studebaker part number SD-516059) are the same as Ford Pn. # 21C-18397-B which is for a 1942, V-8 Pickup truck.

This makes it a simple thing to go to a parts supplier and buy them.

These pedal pads may also be used on a civilian vehicle........

Jim Gilmore
          Jim Thorpe, PA

Comment

Jim, If you need just one, I MIGHT have a used one from a parts Weasel.

As far as I know pre-War Studebakers all had round pedal pads, so if the pad used on a Weasel had a civvie counterpart, it was on a Brand X. Maybe pre-war Crosleys used square pedal pads; I know my '48 does.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

".....Are you sure the part number is correct for a pedal pad, and not its hardware?..."

Yes, the 900000 series of numbers is very common in Weasel part numbers. I work only from the part books.

It is for the pad only.

Gord,

Thanks for the offer but we have about 20+ guys here in the North East that have Weasels and are looking for these rubber pads.

You are probably correct and these are brand X parts....just have to find out which brand X.......

BTW ... what is the serial/ORD number of your Weasel and the Hull Number if known?

I have a data base of 180+ Weasels and can most likely give you the original USA number of yours if you do not know it.

Jim

Studebaker T-15 Weasel Sn# 414

Jim Gilmore
              Jim Thorpe, PA

Comment

Working...
              X