Hot Rod Power Tour 2009 (SOUTH BEND)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod Power Tour 2009 (SOUTH BEND)

Have you had your Stude. on the Hotrod Power Tour in the past ?

The tour sounds like 7 days of fun and an opportunity to drive your Stude.

You can do one "leg"...one day or any amount of days.

We have not been on the tour, but are considering the '09 tour in a 1948 Stude. pickup street rod.

The route this time may spend a day and evening in SOUTH BEND, to be confirmed later.

You can encourage Hot Rod Magazine by emailing them to include South Bend on the '09 tour. We could have a "Studes. in South Bend" celebration. You can mail them South Bend museum and tourist info. ATTN: Power Tour 2009

The current issue of Hot Rod has a review of the '08 tour.

Original cars are welcome too !!!!!!!

BRAD

Our club did the power tour in '05 or '06 when it was in the southern leg .WOW that was so much fun, great cars too.Its like a rolling car show and great prizes.Some members went from Nashville all the way to New Orleans.Even if you dont go on the tour just drop by and see the cars when there at a stoping point along the way.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Thanks for your input.............brad
      quote:Originally posted by stude freak

Our club did the power tour in '05 or '06 when it was in the southern leg .WOW that was so much fun, great cars too.Its like a rolling car show and great prizes.Some members went from Nashville all the way to New Orleans.Even if you dont go on the tour just drop by and see the cars when there at a stoping point along the way.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Thanks for your input.............brad
        quote:Originally posted by stude freak

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Sounds like fun. Do they have a loose itinerary......starting point........ending point?

ChopStu
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Driving on the Power Tour is on my list. Sometimes timing stinks, though. Still gotta make a living.

sals54
            sals54

Comment

You are on your own from point to point.
              Here is an internet forum guess on the '09 HRPT: Madison Wi (they always start from where they stopped) to Racine Wi., to South Bend, to Warren Mi., to Columbus Oh., to Somerset Ky., to Bristol Tn. (Nascar) for two days. 100 to 250 miles per day, during daylight, celebration in every town and city along the way with mechanics and backup available.
              BRAD
              quote:Originally posted by 4961Studebaker

Sounds like fun. Do they have a loose itinerary......starting point........ending point?

ChopStu

Comment

Maybe the SDC national officers; coop-advisors; national board members; and the zone coordinators will discuss the HOT ROD POWER TOUR 2009, South Bend and then contact Hot Rod Magazine.

BRAD

Comment

On my list here.Spent a day with the tour when
                  it came through Minnesota this year.Not interested
                  in doing the full trip
                  Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

It is very expensive to be a "Long Haul Gang" member.
                    Motels are coordinated...and expensive.

quote:Originally posted by bob40

On my list here.Spent a day with the tour when
                    it came through Minnesota this year.Not interested
                    in doing the full trip
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I did Rod and Custom's Americruise in S2D...from Pomona to Lincoln. Similar to Hot Rod's Power Tour. One of the best car things I have ever done. You won't regret it...I guarantee!

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Mike Myer did the Power Tour in his souped up Avanti in '07. He had a blast, though the $1000+ gas bill was a little intimidating. But, with an engine such as the one his car has, I'm surprised it wasn't $2000. [)]

You can almost make out the decal on the top of the windshield.

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I was in the 07' tour with this car. Even though it had a twin turbo'd 347 c.i. SBF and tremec 5 speed, I was kinda shunned as the guy w/ the *** car at the "no *** cars allowed picnic". It was still waaay cool. I drove up to Nashville spent the night at the host hotel, and Drove down to Birmingham w/ the "tour" (180 miles).

Now this time, It'll be a twin turbo'd ford Mod motor'd 53 k w/ 5 speed. (If I can get it done in time) They won't think it's a ricer
                          This time.[8D]
                          Don't talk about what you are going to do,... talk about what you have DONE.

Comment

3,000 cars, 30...100 room motels, on Expedia rooms from $50. and up...7 nights of rooms plus rooms getting to and from the tour, gas for 1,250 miles plus miles getting to and from the tour. You can do one night or several. (Even cheaper if the tour comes your way and you catch a "leg" or two.) Sounds like normal vacation expenses in a Studebaker.

BRAD

Comment

What's in the tank? (Intercooler water?)
                              Curious mind wants to know...
                              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by madmike

I was in the 07' tour with this car.
                              <snip>
                              http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
                              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                              X