1961 Lark Regal Hardtop Mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Lark Regal Hardtop Mystery

[u]PLEASE NOTE:</u> this is a scan of a 1982 ad, [u]NOT</u> A CURRENT FOR SALE ITEM!!

Hopefully a car that existed in this good a condition in 1982 is still around. If anyone is familiar with this car, or its 1982 owner Will Gish of West Covina CA, let us know at the Studebaker Skytop Registry (email: webmaster@studebakerskytop.com)

Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

That name - Will Gish - sounds familiar to me. And now that I think of it, I believe he offered me a 60 ragtop one time at a chapter meeting.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That name - Will Gish - sounds familiar to me. And now that I think of it, I believe he offered me a 60 ragtop one time at a chapter meeting.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I think that is the car that Will had a "HOT" built engine in, it was quite a bit more than an R1!

I believe Will was the "inventer/creator" of the Studebaker Delrin "A" arm bushings, now owned by Chuck Collins.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I think that is the car that Will had a "HOT" built engine in, it was quite a bit more than an R1!

I believe Will was the "inventer/creator" of the Studebaker Delrin "A" arm bushings, now owned by Chuck Collins.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

THAT'S WHERE I REMEMBER HIS NAME FROM!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

Comment

I bought my '60 Lark Hardtop for $1500 from Will Gish in 1993. He also had this '61 HT for sale for the same price! I bought the '60 because it was running - the '61's engine had been pulled. The car was in decent enough shape as far as I remember. It was the first Skytop I had actually seen in the flesh. I assume he sold it at some point. He had tons of SuperLark parts. In fact, the '60 I bought had the heavy duty SuperLark springs installed in it (and Delrin bushings that are still on the car to this day). Has anyone heard from Will in recent years?

Scott Rodgers
              Los Angeles
              SDC Member since 1989
              '60 Lark HT
              '63 Wagonaire
              Scott Rodgers
              Los Angeles
              SDC Member since 1989
              \'60 Lark HT
              \'63 Wagonaire
              \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

I bought my '60 Lark Hardtop for $1500 from Will Gish in 1993. He also had this '61 HT for sale for the same price! I bought the '60 because it was running - the '61's engine had been pulled. The car was in decent enough shape as far as I remember. It was the first Skytop I had actually seen in the flesh. I assume he sold it at some point. He had tons of SuperLark parts. In fact, the '60 I bought had the heavy duty SuperLark springs installed in it (and Delrin bushings that are still on the car to this day). Has anyone heard from Will in recent years?

Scott Rodgers
                Los Angeles
                SDC Member since 1989
                '60 Lark HT
                '63 Wagonaire
                Scott Rodgers
                Los Angeles
                SDC Member since 1989
                \'60 Lark HT
                \'63 Wagonaire
                \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Hah! I remember looking at that very same 60, Scott! It was a neat car. If I hadn't already had our ragtop, I'd have bought that hardtop.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

Comment

Hah! I remember looking at that very same 60, Scott! It was a neat car. If I hadn't already had our ragtop, I'd have bought that hardtop.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

Comment

Zabasearch shows one Will Gish in California, in Lake Isabella (Mr. Biggs ought to know where that its!).

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                      '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

No Will Gish in the 2008-2009 SDC Roster.

At about that same time my 1961 Lark Regal Skytop hardtop was around. I guess that it wasn't listed in the Roster then. Mine was/is red with V8, AT and many other options.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I dont find him on my 97-98 roster but it must be the same guy Clark found listed that I found on Lookup Anyone with a former address in Covina, 81 yrs old with a Mountain Mesa location, right next to Lake Isabella.

60 Lark convertible
                          61 Champ
                          62 Daytona convertible
                          63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
                          63 Avanti (2)
                          66 Daytona Sport Sedan
                          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                          64 Zip Van
                          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I dont find him on my 97-98 roster but it must be the same guy Clark found listed that I found on Lookup Anyone with a former address in Covina, 81 yrs old with a Mountain Mesa location, right next to Lake Isabella.

60 Lark convertible
                            61 Champ
                            62 Daytona convertible
                            63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
                            63 Avanti (2)
                            66 Daytona Sport Sedan
                            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                            64 Zip Van
                            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

quote:Originally posted by scott.rodgers

Scott Rodgers
                              Los Angeles
                              SDC Member since 1989
                              '60 Lark HT
                              '63 Wagonaire
                              Great, so now we know the car survived to 1993, and in decent shape (but without an engine).

Clark and/or Warren, did your internet searches come up with a current address? If so, please email me and I'll get a snail mail off to Will.

Paul
                              Winston-Salem, NC
                              Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                              Paul
                              Winston-Salem, NC
                              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                              Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Working...
                              X