Stude Museum visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Museum visit

While in SB last week I visited the SNM with George Bredehoft. It was my second visit, the first being last year during the International Meet.

The museum was as I remembered- beautiful place! Not as decked out as during the Meet, but that's to be expected. I was mildly disappointed to see about half of the second floor taken up by MGs, especially when I saw so many incredible cars banished to the basement on racks where you could barely see them I understand why this was, but you can't make me like it

Here is the video I shot, broken into two pieces to fit YouTube:

Recorded on October 18, 2008 using a Flip Video camcorder.

Recorded on October 18, 2008 using a Flip Video camcorder.

If you haven't been there, be aware that the video is just a cursory tour. It's basically a quick walk-around to give you a taste, and is not nearly a full representation of what there is to see, hear, and read. I hope it will convince you to make it a point to visit, or visit again. If you like Studes, you'll love the Museum!!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Great job Bob. It brought back some memories.

Comment

Great job Bob. It brought back some memories.

Comment

These went to the bottom fast today, so I'm giving them one bump...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Great timely videos Bob, thanks much for taking them and posting them! [^]

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thank you for posting them. I've not been able to make it back to see the museum yet.

Comment

Thank you for posting them. I've not been able to make it back to see the museum yet.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

While in SB last week I visited the SNM with George Bredehoft. It was my second visit, the first being last year during the International Meet................

............I was mildly disappointed to see about half of the second floor taken up by MGs, especially when I saw so many incredible cars banished to the basement on racks where you could barely see them I understand why this was, but you can't make me like it........

[brown]Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131
                Why is it that Brit cars are given such prominence in the Studebaker museum?

Sonny
                http://RacingStudebakers.com
                Sonny

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

While in SB last week I visited the SNM with George Bredehoft. It was my second visit, the first being last year during the International Meet................

............I was mildly disappointed to see about half of the second floor taken up by MGs, especially when I saw so many incredible cars banished to the basement on racks where you could barely see them I understand why this was, but you can't make me like it........

[brown]Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

Sonny
                  Sonny

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Sonny

[i]

Sonny
                    When we ere there for the National there were HONDA autos parked behind Ron Hall's car. We guessed that some Honda dealer paid some big bucks to get is cars in there. I guess to ligetimize the Honda there was a sign that read PAST-FUTURE.

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Sonny

[i]

Sonny
                      When we ere there for the National there were HONDA autos parked behind Ron Hall's car. We guessed that some Honda dealer paid some big bucks to get is cars in there. I guess to ligetimize the Honda there was a sign that read PAST-FUTURE.

Comment

Hey BAMS, was the Zip Van on display, or still stuck in the corner of the basement, without any recognition to who restored/donated it?

[V]

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Hey BAMS, was the Zip Van on display, or still stuck in the corner of the basement, without any recognition to who restored/donated it?

[V]

Matthew Burnette
                          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

I guess you didn't watch the video

Still in the basement, in the same spot... I sat in it while I recorded.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

I guess you didn't watch the video

Still in the basement, in the same spot... I sat in it while I recorded.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X