Don

Don Colliau

I have one for a 51. Will it fit?
    Don

Don Colliau

Comment

I need a fuel sender for 50 Champion

Hi

Anyone have a working fuel sender unit for my 1950 Champion?

This puppy is shortly going into storage for the winter.....but not before I get a few more drives. It would be nice to put it away with working fuel gage.

Thanks

Tim

Tim Porter
      Hebron Illinois
      1950 Champion 2dr

Comment

I don't know. Let me do some research.

Anyone out there know if a gas gage is interchangable from and 50 & 51 Champion?

Thanks

Tim Porter
        Hebron Illinois
        1950 Champion 2dr

Comment

I don't know. Let me do some research.

Anyone out there know if a gas gage is interchangable from and 50 & 51 Champion?

Thanks

Tim Porter
          Hebron Illinois
          1950 Champion 2dr

Comment

Tim, according to Studebaker International catalog the sending unit is the same from 1947-1955 car with the 6 volts system with their price of $89.95 and part number is 525548. That is for reference ONLY as they don't have any and neither does anyone else at this time. If you plan to look on Ebay, don't mess around with it if you find one. You might consider trying around $180.00 and feel lucky if you can get it for that amount. I got mine, a NOS one, for $160.00 by sniping the thing with the other bidders nickel and diming the bids. I knew ahead of time that they were not avaiable from any vendors.

Don Dodson

Comment

Tim, according to Studebaker International catalog the sending unit is the same from 1947-1955 car with the 6 volts system with their price of $89.95 and part number is 525548. That is for reference ONLY as they don't have any and neither does anyone else at this time. If you plan to look on Ebay, don't mess around with it if you find one. You might consider trying around $180.00 and feel lucky if you can get it for that amount. I got mine, a NOS one, for $160.00 by sniping the thing with the other bidders nickel and diming the bids. I knew ahead of time that they were not avaiable from any vendors.

Don Dodson

Comment

Hebron,

The sending unit in my '50 Champion was not working. I took it out to Ohm check it, and found that the resistance jumped all over when moving the arm. Suspecting a dirty wiper, I sprayed some carb cleaner down the hinge hole(??), and worked the arm numerous times. Sprayed it one more time to flush out the crud, and it works like new.

Ron

Comment

Hebron,

The sending unit in my '50 Champion was not working. I took it out to Ohm check it, and found that the resistance jumped all over when moving the arm. Suspecting a dirty wiper, I sprayed some carb cleaner down the hinge hole(??), and worked the arm numerous times. Sprayed it one more time to flush out the crud, and it works like new.

Ron

Comment

I had a 37 Chev that the fuel gauge wasn't working. I pulled the sending unit was stuck, Soaked it with penetrating oil and freed it up and the gauge still worked when I got rid of the car.

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

I had a 37 Chev that the fuel gauge wasn't working. I pulled the sending unit was stuck, Soaked it with penetrating oil and freed it up and the gauge still worked when I got rid of the car.

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

I tried using some of that expensive contact cleaner on the sender unit and it works at the "full" position only when the tank is full. After the gas drops a couple of gallons, the dash gage goes to empty.

I will give carb cleaner a try. The different chemistry might do the trick.

Thanks

Tim Porter
                        Hebron Illinois
                        1950 Champion 2dr

Comment

I tried using some of that expensive contact cleaner on the sender unit and it works at the "full" position only when the tank is full. After the gas drops a couple of gallons, the dash gage goes to empty.

I will give carb cleaner a try. The different chemistry might do the trick.

Thanks

Tim Porter
                          Hebron Illinois
                          1950 Champion 2dr

Comment

Working...
                          X