Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'52 Landcruiser brake spring question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '52 Landcruiser brake spring question...

ok, got the important majority of the rewiring done, got it running, replaced the brake master cylinder... hoping to get it to stop soon... but, it seems there was a large spring that connected near the master cylinder that apparently keeps the pedal off the floor... I had "part" of this spring "dangling" from the undercarriage when I got her... how long is this spring 'when not extended' and can I pick up something similar at any commen parts store, or is this a special item, or requiring a visit to the local pick-n-pulls?

Your return spring is part #522293 if you want to try to find an NOS part. Free length, or relaxed length, is 5 1/4". Connects thusly:

Dwain G.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Thank you so very much for all the info you provided!!!! should make my search for such a part much easier than wandering into NAPA and saying: (ok, so, there is this spring... um... mines broke, but it goes kinda here.... and I need one.....)

Comment

Interesting, the 522293 spring is available at most of us Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com

It is also used on the right fender air vent doors!

The 535189 Pedal pullback spring is also available for '54-'60 models and '61-'64 Hawks without Power Brakes.

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

ok... I have to check them out because I haven't even "cared" about the vent doors yet.... but a quick look said that there is no spring there... SOOOOOOO... there you go!

Comment

granted "had" ther been a spring there (in the vent door) that was compatible, or convertible, or whatever... I would have scavenged it for the brakes.... just so you know... LOL

Comment

Working...
            X