PDA

View Full Version : Avanti gauges/dash cover

mtdoraford
08-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I now have the dash out and would like to rebuild the gauges and new bezels, any ideas? Also, can anyone vouch for a dash cover (rebuilder) for lack of a better term. I want to refinish the dashboard with a new covering. Thanks for the Ideas. mtdoraford.

I would like to keep shipping to a min., by staying in the Southeast. Money is almost gone and I need a complete interior yet.

ROADRACELARK
08-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Unfortunatly the best place for a dash "remake" is in California...Just Dashes, they do a beautiful job. Freight shouldn't be too bad if you don't send the frame with it. Look in Hemmings Motor News under services offered. There are several companies that specialize in SW guages...repair/restore./overhaul/ It is tough to get the bezels off without destroying them. Hope this helps:)
Dan

Road Racers turn left AND right.

Alan
08-15-2006, 09:09 PM
The bad thing is it will run $600 for the dash and with the glove compartment door and shipping you are looking at $800- $1,000

N8N
08-15-2006, 09:15 PM
I thought SI used to sell replacement Avanti dash pads, have they run out? worth a phone call anyway

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

ROADRACELARK
08-15-2006, 09:23 PM
What SI used to sell was a dash "cap" not a pad. I've seen those and they do not fit very well, especially around the speaker grill and the glovc box opening. The old saying..."you get what you pay for" applies here. Yes the new dash pads are expensive...but if you want it to look right, it's worth it.:) Mabe someone out there has had first hand experience with one or the other and can share their views??? Hope this helps:)
Dan

Road Racers turn left AND right.

R2Andrea
08-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Studebaker International DOES sell a reproduction Avanti dash pad with the glove box door. Although I've never had occasion to do a direct side by side comparison with an NOS one they seem to be correct and fit properly. As far as I know, SI quit carying the Dash Caps before they brought out their reproduction Dash Pads.From what I know of Just Dashes process, a correctly made reproduction part would be the better choice.

R2Andy

Laemmle
08-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Contact Nick Berger in Westminster California..he had his Avanti done...a beautiful job!

Karl
08-18-2006, 03:03 AM
S I has replacment dashs for $550 includes glove box door.