Brake lights revisited.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake lights revisited.

I got back from Hershey with this surge of positive energy. I went to the hawk and started to fix everything I thought was wrong. These trips to auto events tend to give me hope for my project. I have been having such a problem with the lights I thought I would replace the fuse box and work from there, well I got everything rewired and I tried the brake lights and "No change" however now the signal lights worked correct and no intermittingly like before. I wondered what if I do something different, I pulled on the tun signal arm and than pressed the brake Both lights came on[]oh boy, I put the signal light on and pressed the brake and it worked, both sides. My question is what would make it no work beforedoes the arm ground aganst something? I took a small screw driver and pry it away from the housing gently and now everthing works as it should[8D]

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

Do you have the wiring diagram? Without one, troubleshooting isn't too easy. There are places that sell a 18" x 24" color wiring diagram for most cars for about $15. I have one for my Avanti. It makes it real easy to trace wires to determine possible points of failure.

I would suspect that you have some wear in the turn signal switch, causing it to ground improperly. But, were it me, I would get a wiring diagram, an multimeter, and check that all circuits work as they should.

========================
    63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
    Martinez, CA

Comment

Still sounds like switch. Moving arm around repositions contacts

Comment

Working...
      X