Who's truck is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's truck is it?

I got this pic in the mail today. It is from the Lancaster International meet. It was a photo taken by the meet photographer. It was sent to me by mistake. I would like to get it to the owner. Contact me by e-mail and I will see it gets to the owner.

Jeff Sheaffer
    60 Hawk
    Jeff Sheaffer
    Driving the past into the future

If you're sending the truck, then I'll surely claim ownership. You're going to cover shipping costs, right? If its just the picture, forget I asked.

sals54
    sals54

Comment

Its jut the picture. I'm going to keep the truck.

Jeff Sheaffer
      60 Hawk
      Jeff Sheaffer

Comment

Here's a picture of the truck I wish I could keep. Sadly, its going to ebay.

sals54
        sals54

Comment

Jeff - that's a very nice looking '58 Transtar Deluxe! [][8D]

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar Deluxe
          Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
          May 23 & 24, 2009?
          </h5>
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

I am pretty sure that is the 1957 Transtar that used to belong to Frank Goss. It now belongs to someone else in Maine.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

I am pretty sure that is the 1957 Transtar that used to belong to Frank Goss. It now belongs to someone else in Maine.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY
              You could very well be correct Gary... I was going by that rear fender which of course was not introduced until the 1958 model year when the first factory 4x4's appeared on the scene.

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
              May 23 & 24, 2009?
              </h5>
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

I have not received my pictures (or anyone else's) but wonder why they set up to take pictures where they did with the background clutter? Seems to me they could have found a spot that would not capture modern vehicles in the background.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

I have not received my pictures (or anyone else's) but wonder why they set up to take pictures where they did with the background clutter? Seems to me they could have found a spot that would not capture modern vehicles in the background.
                  I agree. I commented about the busy background for the pictures while I was at Lancaster. I couldn't believe that this was being done by a professional photographer that was being paid for this assignment. They could have simply used a wall of the hotel for a background.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Doesn't Look good. But the Truck looks great Photo Shop

Mabel 1949 Champion
                    1957 Silverhawk
                    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    1955 President State
                    1957 Golden Hawk
                    Fresno,Ca
                    Mabel 1949 Champion
                    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    The Prez 1955 President State
                    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                    Fresno,Ca

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by studegary

Originally posted by Guido

I agree. I commented about the busy background for the pictures while I was at Lancaster. I couldn't believe that this was being done by a professional photographer that was being paid for this assignment. They could have simply used a wall of the hotel for a background.

I was in line and said the same thing to him. Suggested the field of Studebakers in the lot if he was going to use clutter behind the cars...at least it was good clutter. I also said the flower bed landscaping in front of the hotel could have been used just as easily. He looked at me like I was nuts..or and maybe was just the tenth guy who said something that day. [V]

Comment

I can't believe any self respecting photographer would DO that! Unbelievable!

This guy must be new at this, or never did a CAR before, I have seen much better done by amateurs!
                        That is a TERRIBLE pic! He's lucky I am not the Treasurer!

StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'm thinking we should make him photoshop the background for every last one and fog them out. Must have been a brother-in-law with incriminating pictures of somebody.

Comment

In all fairness, I must tell you the pic of the Transtar is still in the plastic wrapper. That is why it is not a very good looking pic. But that still doesn't change the backround.

Jeff Sheaffer
                            60 Hawk
                            Jeff Sheaffer

Comment

I see what you all mean about the background. When I saw the photo I quickly scanned the subject but then my eye was drawn away to first the foreign car, then the stretched truck, then the 4-wheeler, then the stretched truck, then wondering why the pipe was connected to the rear bumper (turned out to be a light pole), etc. I think even I as an ameteur realized this on some level, but now I'm more aware of the concept; good stuff!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                              X