Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electronic ignition

Hi Guys
    Has anybody seen these before and is it likely to fit the Stude prestolite?

Allan
    Allan Tyler Melbourne Australia

I'd actually....e-mail the guy...and ask him, it's his parts !!
    He'd be the most likely give the best answer to your question.

On the other hand, I'd also need much more info before I plunked down a hand full-a-money for an unknown.
    And I "like" trying new things, unusual things!

The first bad thing I see....it has its own (proprietary) rotor. This can be a bad thing. If you still have the car three years from now...and you do a tune-up...and you need a...rotor....you call the guy, "this number is no longer in service".

It is an LED type module...like the Mallory...for what ever that may be worth. Maybe a Mallory rotor would work.

MSD, Pertronix, Crane, Mallory...they've all been around a while. I'd bet with a little work, you can adapt most any 12V, V-8 module.

Mike

Comment

Boat distributors don't have vacuum advance which may effect the fit of the same parts in a Prestolite distributor in a car.

Have you tried Fairborn Studebaker and some of the other Studebaker parts dealers that handle Pertronics systems for Studebakers?

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks Dick and Mike you have answered my question and given me some leads
        Allan
        Allan Tyler Melbourne Australia

Comment

I don,t know for sure what your goal is here, but the Petronix electronic ignition conversion kit is about he easiest and most affordable that there is. It simply mounts in place of your stock points set-up. You may have to gap your plugs a little wider if you use a newer HO Coil and then it is recommended that you reset your timing afterwards. I installed mine in a little over 1 hour. Check it oput, as you will be pleasantly surprised...Waydon

Comment

Working...
          X