Need Brake Pedal Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Brake Pedal Help

I have replaced the 3 speed OD trans to a automatic. On a 56 Parkview.
    How do you combine the clutch and brake pedal to make a wide brake pedal? I know where a 53 is that has a wide pedal but nobody is allowed to get close to it. The old man would have a heart attack.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Carl, I have a two pedal brake (the parts that go thru the floor) that may be from a 54, I don't know how it would fit on a 56 (it didn't fit on a 55, the 55 was set up for power brakes and has shorter throw pedals.)The whole assembly is cad plated, and it has the rubber pad.

The lever arm on my set is 11 inches, if this matches yours we can work something out.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    (Under Construction 506 hrs.)
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Comment

What I'm talking about is to lock the clutch pedal and brake pedal to move together 2 arms and and one brake pedal if they wasn't locked together and you push on the left side to brake something is going to bend. I could weld them together but the might be a problem to get them off.

Comment

Below is an illustration from the 51 - 54 chassis parts book. The pedals I have are illustrated in Type A. Once assembled they are one unit, no need to weld. They include the entire pedal assembly at the top of Type B.

This is the pedal assembly for the 53 -54 brake pedal for the commander with automatic transmission.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
        Tom Bredehoft
        '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
        '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
        (Under Construction 506 hrs.)
        '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
        All Indiana built cars

Comment

Thanks Tom. I will check it out tomorrow and let you know. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Comment

Working...
          X