Climatizer/Heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climatizer/Heater

Are climatizers available? Studebelle came with an Aussie "Smiths" brand heater which has been replaced with some other disconnected thing, and I wondered whether a climatizer would be a good idea?

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

What model car???

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I am sure that you can put together a complete system by contacting various dealers of used parts. For example the under hood blowers which get the sticker Climatizer are always at York and Reedsville in some condition or other. Even if the motor is shot, you can easiy replace them.

The best description of a Climatizer is a fan that either mounts under the car, in your case on the driver's side behind the front right wheel, some flexible fabric duct work and an underseat radiator, this if a C/K model before GT's. On Post War cars the blower sits on the firewall.

Do you have a Parts Manual? If not, let me know what year and what model and I will scan you the drawings.

Comment

I think it's a Lark...?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Left hand or right Hand drive? The Climatizer would be be on the left on most right hand drive cars.

The only fan motors through the firewall would be the Defroster motor on '47-'58 Sedans, and '53-'62 C/K's.

'47-'58 Heater core under floor, fan in front fender, '59-'60 Lark Heater cores are on the inner fender, fan under dash, '61 to '66 Lark Type, core in the cowl air inlet box accessed from under dash, fan under dash, '53-'62 C/K & Hawks, under seat, fan in front fender '63-'64 Hawks on inner fender, fan under dash.

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sorry Guys, forgot to mention that Studebelle is a 1962 (RHD) Lark Regal 4 Door sedan with the 259 V8 and flightomatic . I have the 1959-1964 Workshop manual and will put it on the list of things to do, after getting a new steering box, steam cleaning her engine and underside and getting the gearbox serviced, then a service and tune up - Oh forgot, I need the dash top redone and the front seat repaired (collapsed springs).

Always something to do.

The drawings would be great Bill if you can email them or I can give you my postal address.

John Clements
            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
            Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
            X