Gauge And Rewire, Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge And Rewire, Part 2

Today we worked on the rewiring of our truck. Since we finished the gauge panel, the obvious place to start was with the gauges. With the help of a friend, we feel that we got good results for our first time doing this (This was not our friend's first rewire, thank goodness!). It seems as though the more time (six hours) you spend on stuff like this, the better the results are. The old saying, "Measure twice, cut once" seems to come to mind! Anyway, we thought we would share. As always, let us know what you think. P.S. John was worried that all the screw slots didn't line up straight in this picture, so try to cut us a break about that .

John and Tracy Smith
    Queen Creek Arizona

That looks great. I assume the speedomter you are using doesn't have provisions for a high-beam warning lamp?

The only thing I would change would be to substitute heat-shrink tubing, in a suitable range of sizes, for the plastic wire tires. But that is a job best left until you have all the wiring sorted out and working, so you don't have to do it twice.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Beautiful job! Real eye candy[^] You, or your kids, will likely never live long enough to have to redo that whole job again[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Very nice work!

Comment

geesh, I can't believe [V] you left those screw slots like that! [:0]

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Looks good from here. I like the fact there exiting to the center of the engine compartment.
            Screw slots, heck you ride a rod inspired truck, everything isn't supposed to be perfect

ChopStu
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by John and Tracy Smith
              John was worried that all the screw slots didn't line up straight in this picture, so try to cut us a break about that .

...at least you got the wire ties every inch! [)]

Beautiful work []

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Excellent job-a work of art!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X