Glass Seals Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Seals Needed

I need windshield 1942X, and rear glass 2035x for 58 Golden Hawk. I think these are the correct numbers.

I got the ones for my 53 from Bill Fennesey in Tn.He advertises in Turning wheels I believe.Steve
    sigpic

Comment

Try Phillips Glass. email autoglass@acmenet.net

Comment

I'd get the seals from Russ Jenks. They fit. I wish I could say that for some of the other venders of hawk windshield gaskets.

Comment

I hate to burst your bubble Dave, but the way I remember reading it on the forum is just reverse of your story!

Most of the Stude. Vendors are supplied by Stude International and they have most of their rubber made by other non-retail manufacturers and they are the ones that fit! There are very few smaller items that Fennessey is the sole manufacturer of, and those still have to come from there, but not windshield and rear glass seals.

I can't remember who those couple of forum members were that recently posted about those ill fitting C/K windshield seals that came from Tennessee, maybe they will tell us what happened.

quoteMost) vendors of items like this don't produce... they sell what others produce. (I know there are exceptions, and maybe this is one of them.(I'm askin', not tellin'.)
          StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I am one that posted about these. the one I got from SASCO was at least a quarter inch thicker than one I got from Bob Kapteyn. The one from Bob finally went in,using GOJO hand cleaner for lube,as someone else on this forum had recommended.

Oglesby,Il.
            "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

What are the facts? I think I understoodd that Studebaker international
              has the good weatherstrips---Right? I am about to purchase
              some for my 53 c-body coupe. Is the best place Stude Int.?

Tex E. Grier

Comment

citationup,

Those numbers don't mean much to most of us. Your post title says seals and yet your first comment says you need a windshield and rear glass - which is it???

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob; if you add a (1) to his numbers, they actually would be the Windshield and Rear Backglass SEALS for the '53-'61 C and K models.

StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

OK, so it's seals he's truly looking for.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                    X