Stuart is on the road.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuart is on the road.

Greetings to my brothers and sisters. I just wanted to announce a life changing event, I got a job. After 13 months of being out of work, I will start next Monday as a Customer Service Investigator for Nationwide Insurance. My life begins again. Now to Big Stu. I replaced his exhaust and he sounds sweet. I took him to a cruise in here in Cleveland, and parked him next to a 57 Che++ and a 1967 Austin Mini Moke, guess which cars got the most attention? Another question, did Cruisers have power steering as standard? Stuart is a 1962 Cruiser. I am thinking of converting from power steering to manual. I will explain why later.

Congrats on the new job, it good to hear with all thats going on right now. Hope you make lots of $$$ for Big Stu.

John

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Thank you John , new vacumm booster for the brakes, convert from power to manual steering, touch up on the paint and he will be ready to make up for lost time.

Comment

I don't know about the '62 Cruisers, but my '63 Cruiser doesn't have power steering.

Chip
        '63 Cruiser daily driver
        '57 Packard wagon almost on the road!
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Hey there Scott. Congrats on the job!

Power steering was always optional on a Cruiser...on all Studebakers I'd even go so far as to say!

Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          '63 Lark Daytona R1
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          (formerly Greenville, PA)
          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
          All are in Australia now

Comment

being that Studebaker used one of the most user-friendly systems I just can't understand why you'd remove Stewart's power. Is there a problem with it? Will you be selling it?

Good Lord, almost forgot why I posted in the first place![:I][)] [u]Congrats on the new j-o-b!</u>

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I feel just the opposite, Ron! I was turned off trying to keep that hodgepodge working on Mustangs and Torinos back in the day. That problematic valve and that mass of hoses dangling and rubbing under there-[xx(]

My experience is, Larks handle and turn really nicely without P/S. I'm not in any hurry to add all that complication to mine[|)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
              X