Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's play Guess the Price- Aero Struts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's play Guess the Price- Aero Struts!

NOS set[] I bet these do serious money:

Just what Dick's Ute needs[8D][8D]

I'm not qualified to make a guess, but even I know it'll be more that the $80 it started at[:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

$1135.27

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

Comment

$985.17

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Just what Dick's Ute needs[8D][8D]

They would look super cool on it...and he does say they are pristine ...but the Ute had the '55 Plymouth covers at the ORS and I want to do the same now.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

An interested person asked if they fit a 14" wheel or a 15" wheel, and the seller answered "they measure 14" ! These look like the type that hide the outer part of the rim like a Cadillac, so shouldn't they measure closer to 15".

As I would doubt they would be for a 14" wheel, since they are for '62-'66 models, not '58!

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

An interested person asked if they fit a 14" wheel or a 15" wheel, and the seller answered "they measure 14" ! These look like the type that hide the outer part of the rim like a Cadillac, so shouldn't they measure closer to 15".

As I would doubt they would be for a 14" wheel, since they are for '62-'66 models, not '58!

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              You're right. They were only made for 15" wheels.

Skip Lackie
              Washington DC
              Skip Lackie

Comment

$857.00

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well, I'd love to have them- they'd be perfect on a Wagonaire[8D] Just not worth it to me to spend that kind of money on 'em[|)]

10 bids to $202.50 with 6 days left...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Having lost 2 hubcaps last year, the investment seems pricy.

Paul

Comment

$578.00

JDP/Maryland
                      "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                      Thomas Jefferson
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

These semi-substitutes look better all the time:

Scott Rodgers
                        Los Angeles
                        SDC Member since 1989
                        '60 Lark HT
                        '63 Wagonaire
                        Scott Rodgers
                        Los Angeles
                        SDC Member since 1989
                        \'60 Lark HT
                        \'63 Wagonaire
                        \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Nice lead, Scott. Similar look, cheaper price, easy to order replacements. I bookmarked that page for later reference[8D] Thanks!!

The subject covers are only $316 as of today... I thought they'd be higher! Now I see why most of you aren't brave enough to post your guess Maybe they'll take off at the end... or I overestimated the appeal of them.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

No problem, Bob.

Funny thing was, I bid on the Aero Struts on the off-chance that I could get them cheaper then those knock-offs at Speedway Motors. Then I saw this thread!

Scott Rodgers
                            Los Angeles
                            SDC Member since 1989
                            '60 Lark HT
                            '63 Wagonaire
                            Scott Rodgers
                            Los Angeles
                            SDC Member since 1989
                            \'60 Lark HT
                            \'63 Wagonaire
                            \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Hey Scott, if you get a set of the knock-offs, how about reporting back with your impressions? I'm interested in a set at some point.

I've got a 63 Wagonaire road test from the Jan 63 Motor Trend. The car has a set of these covers, and I fell in love with them on that car![] If I had a working scanner I'd post the picture from that article... Interestingly, I don't care for them on 2-door Larks- just the 4-doors and wagons[8D]

What about it, Leonard... you got that one?

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X