Inst light switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inst light switch

On my 1961 hawk there is a switch at the dash It reads "intst light" all the wires are hook up to it however when I push it to the left or right nothing happens. I look to see if a garage door opens or something and nothing[8D] when I cut on my lights be it park lights or headlights the panel lights all come on. so what is this switch for? The interior light has it's own switch at the roof light[]or is it an ejector seat switch? There are three wires hooked to it.

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

It's wired through the main light switch, so park or head lights have to be on first. The inst. switch should be oriented to move up and down. Up is the brightest position, down is dimmed, as in low glare. It isn't necessary to ever turn this switch off although I have to admit it is fun flicking a bunch of toggles.

Dwain G.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Dwain thanks, that was driving me crazy. I was trying to make it work all by itself. Man, I think everyone thought I was being funny. My car never ran so I don't know anything about it's controls. There are no hawks anywhere near me so all I have is a parts car that never ran either for info.
      Here's another thing I can play with

Studebakers forever!
      Studebakers forever!

Comment

Working...
      X