NEED HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP

I'm looking to give a model Studebaker for a gift. Its a 1953 Champion Regal Starliner Hardtop. Anybody know where I can find one?

I know there are Commander models available; not sure about the Champion.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

SI has them....

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
      Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

But that's the Commander, Ray.
        Brad Johnson,
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

But that's the Commander, Ray.
          Beggars can't be choosers...

Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

Can you give a lesson to a young kid? Whats the difference between the Commander and the Champion. Cause that model looks like the one i'm looking for. Except its red with a white top.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. The difference is the Champion was a 6 banger and the Commander was a V8. There were slight trim differences and a different dash. The body was the same. These models are constantly on eBay.

Don Wilson
              53 Commander Hardtop
              64 Champ 1/2 ton
              Centralia, WA
              Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
              50 Champion 2 door*
              53 Commander K Auto*
              53 Commander K overdrive*
              55 President Speedster
              62 GT 4Speed*
              63 Avanti R1*
              64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Here's a red Maisto in an Ebay Store:

BShaw,Webmaster

webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com
                60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
                Woodbury, Minnesota
                sigpic
                Bob Shaw
                Rush City, Minnesota
                1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

And if you want the champion or the c-body coupe you have to build it yourself.The coupe comes from a resin body and bashing from a couple other kits.I think I am using a Kaiser 6 cylinder for mine and the emblems are going to have to be made on a computor printer.The dash will have to be from the commander or a better modeler than myself.Good Luck,Steve
                  sigpic

Comment

Externally, about the only difference is that the little V8 emblem on the rear fenders is a circled S on the Champions.[^]

Edit: and before the detail-callers call me out on this, there's a tiny 8 or S on the hood, depending on whether it's a Commander or a Champion.[}]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Externally, about the only difference is that the little V8 emblem on the rear fenders is a circled S on the Champions.[^]

Edit: and before the detail-callers call me out on this, there's a tiny 8 or S on the hood, depending on whether it's a Commander or a Champion.[}]

Since you sort of "asked for it" <G>, as well as on the hood, there is also an 8 or S on the trunk/deck lid.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Here's a couple images of the 1:72 scale '53 Coupe by Shrock Brothers. It's no longer in production. I suspect, if you could find one, it would be very pricey.

Brad Johnson
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                        Brad Johnson,
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

A little humor on the Maisto's, or were those the Signature models.....
                          Anyway, every Christmas the Menards here(like Home Depot or Lowes to those outside the Midwest, lol) would stock a couple aisles with die cast models, of various manufacturers, including some of the 53 Studebakers(only of the far east coast type, you know). They had some pretty good detailing, not quite Franklin or Danbury mint, but pretty good detailing nonetheless.

And every year on the first day when they open the aisle the model car collectors would show up on Menard's doorstep prior to the children showing up to pick up one of every color made of a particular make and/or model. I don't know what Menard's will stock this year, but I guess my point is, if you got a place that does something like this every holiday season like this nearby, it wouldn't hurt to drop in during the holidays to see what they're packin'. [^]

Yeah, over the years we ourselves have picked up a few of the Maisto, Signature, and a few others to fill our display case with, although we show up much later in the season, lol......

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left]
                          [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                          [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                          1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
                          X