Video of Awards Banquet at Lancaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of Awards Banquet at Lancaster

Did anyone take video of the 2008 Meet Awards Banquet at Lancaster? I'd sure appreciate seeing it if is available, or if it has been posted on You Tube or elsewhere.

Thanks,

Denny Foust
    studeguy54@verizon.net

I would have had I been able to attend. I did other videos, but they're a bit of work to put together and upload, and I wasn't sure how much demand there would be for it. I'm still trying to assess whether it generates enough interest to justify doing future videos.

If I had thought about it more, I might have tried to arrange staying for the banquet. We'll see what future Meets bring.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

BOB What do you mean enough demand for your videos. They are wonderful. Keep thegood work up. Sure appreciated seeing you and Evan at the meet wish we could have spent a little more time talking but understand your busy schedule. Maybe next year.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Thanks, Dick. What I mean is, I'm trying to determine if it's of value enough to do more of in the future. We all want to invest our limited time and energy where it's best spent. Still determining if that's the case here. I think video will prove more valuable as time goes on- the wave of the future. But time will tell.

Hope you're feeling better, and getting around well![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Question: How many awards are given out at the banquet? I'm wondering how long of a segment it would be to record just the award portion...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Hey, Bob

Sure enjoyed, and am still enjoying your videos.
            That said, I sure miss your candid camera stills.

Bring Evan and the other camera, and you can learn to mix and match with laptop editing software and make a multimedia show.

I was also happy to spend a pleasant lunch with the two of you, in between your video shoots.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
            53 Starliner Hardtop
            Newton Grove, NC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Question: How many awards are given out at the banquet? I'm wondering how long of a segment it would be to record just the award portion...

[brown]Robert (Bob) Andrews

There are about 12-15 publication awards, followed by a few special awards, followed by hundreds of vehicle awards. Normally, the vehicles are shown on a big screen when the owner's name, points total and award place is given. The picture part didn't work this year.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'd like to see a crowd reaction video from the 2002 Int'l Meet in South Bend...
                (Right about when the radio controlled pyrotechnic's went off in the centerpieces of each table[:0]).
                About a hundred chairs almost tipped over backwards when the sparklers all erupted at once....
                Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studeguy

Did anyone take video of the 2008 Meet Awards Banquet at Lancaster? I'd sure appreciate seeing it if is available, or if it has been posted on You Tube or elsewhere.
                http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I would be interested in getting a copy of the comments made by Pat Foster at the awards night.

Brad Johnson
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

There are about 12-15 publication awards, followed by a few special awards, followed by hundreds of vehicle awards. Normally, the vehicles are shown on a big screen when the owner's name, points total and award place is given.
                    Maybe that's something that would be worth recording on video. Sounds like even with editing it would be well over an hour though.

If there's interest from the Club I might take that on at future Meets. Maybe Ed or some of the other officers can offer opinions on whether it's worth doing, and what to do with it once it's done.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Brad, you will see Pae Foster's comments again soon do just sit back and wait a while.
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                      X