This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Power Steering!

Here ya' go, guys; just the ticket for getting rid of all those messy pumps and hoses and fluid leaks...and only 4 grand! [:I] BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

For half that I bought a complete, running 53 Commander coupe! Now I just need to scare up one of those mythical, mechanical power steering setups for it![:I]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

For half that I bought a complete, running 53 Commander coupe! Now I just need to scare up one of those mythical, mechanical power steering setups for it![:I]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

What I am wondering is, if this companies offering is an adaptation of something already in use somewhere on an automotive or industrial application? Because, I keep reading about how hard it is to justify tooling to make limited runs of parts(like camshafts)from scratch for cars like Studebakers--and then I see this setup priced at "only" 4k! Some Street Rodders seem to have deep pockets, but this is still pretty steep. How many of these will they have to sell to break even? [:0]

Comment

What I am wondering is, if this companies offering is an adaptation of something already in use somewhere on an automotive or industrial application? Because, I keep reading about how hard it is to justify tooling to make limited runs of parts(like camshafts)from scratch for cars like Studebakers--and then I see this setup priced at "only" 4k! Some Street Rodders seem to have deep pockets, but this is still pretty steep. How many of these will they have to sell to break even? [:0]

Comment

At that price, we'd be better off to take a body-building course. Cheaper and better for us.
            /H

Comment

At that price, we'd be better off to take a body-building course. Cheaper and better for us.
              /H

Comment

Working...
              X