Anyone seen this 53?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen this 53?

Years ago we had a 53 Studebaker that my dad gave us. It was a 53,navy blue Commander Regal Coupe that had a 322 c.i. 55 Buick Century engine in it. It was sold by us to a gentleman in Davenport Iowa and I was just curious if the car was still around in it's original state or not.....Waydon..It would really be interesting to see it again.

It's always interesting to go on a quest to search out the past.
    You might try...
    (A) Motor vehicle registrations
    (B) SDC roster
    (C) Search request at multiple forums (which you did here)
    Your comment about 'original state' is ...interesting and humorous.
    It already is not original if it has a Buick engine in it.
    I know I am splitting hairs, but that's what you get around these here parts...
    The odds that you will find it 'here' are slimmer than if it were bone stock, as modified owners (Division 9) tend not to be as long lasting in the SDC.
    (Not a slam, but you seem to see more Stude street rods outside the SDC than inside the SDC...food for thought, or argument...You decide[?])
    Do you have any old pic's of the car?
    That might help.
    With the advent of fairly easy shipping of cars around the country, it could be anywhere.
    Good luck with your search!
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Waydon

Years ago we had a 53 Studebaker that my dad gave us. It was a 53,navy blue Commander Regal Coupe that had a 322 c.i. 55 Buick Century engine in it. It was sold by us to a gentleman in Davenport Iowa and I was just curious if the car was still around in it's original state or not.....Waydon..It would really be interesting to see it again.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

About 20 or more years ago I responded to an ad in the Milwaukee Journal about a 53 coupe for sale. It was in West Allis (a south side suburb) and was being sold due to a divorce. It was a starlight, primered gray color and all the glass was smashed due to vandalism. The body was decent with very minimal rust or damage. It had a Buick nailhead engine with a 4 barrel WCFB, Dynaflow transmission and Buick torque tube rear end. It not a hack job but was well built. I offered about half the asking price and that was rejected. The owner never called back so I assume someone else bought it. I never saw it again. Iowa is close to Wisconsin so it could be the same car. I was told that in 55 or 56 a magazine like Hot Rod or Car Craft did an article on a Buick transplant in a coupe. I guess it is an easy swap, easier than a Caddilac.

Jim

james r pepper
      james r pepper

Comment

Send me a pic or two if you have them.A local stude guy here in SC just bought a 53 somewhere on the Eastern seaboard I think but I know he said it had a buick nailhead in it.He had one advertised at the international but I dont know if it is the buick powered one or not as he had recently bought two.Both ARE for sale.Steve
        sigpic

Comment

What I Meant by original was that it would be interesting to see if it was still in the original condition and equipment as Dad had built it years ago.....Waydon
          quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

It's always interesting to go on a quest to search out the past.
          You might try...
          (A) Motor vehicle registrations
          (B) SDC roster
          (C) Search request at multiple forums (which you did here)
          Your comment about 'original state' is ...interesting and humorous.
          It already is not original if it has a Buick engine in it.
          I know I am splitting hairs, but that's what you get around these here parts...
          The odds that you will find it 'here' are slimmer than if it were bone stock, as modified owners (Division 9) tend not to be as long lasting in the SDC.
          (Not a slam, but you seem to see more Stude street rods outside the SDC than inside the SDC...food for thought, or argument...You decide[?])
          Do you have any old pic's of the car?
          That might help.
          With the advent of fairly easy shipping of cars around the country, it could be anywhere.
          Good luck with your search!
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Waydon

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Comment

Working...
          X