Speaking of Orange...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Orange...

In the quest to settle on the color for my 62 Daytona r2 2dr. HT Skytop, I looked carefully at every Lark-type at Lankster. I was surprised to see that there was an ORANGE available![:0] Here's the one I saw:

Now I'm thinking about that- orange with black/white seats and Torq-Thrusts...

You aren't going to decide for me, but I'd be interested in your thoughts- either way!

Could this be my color??[?]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

go for it! +1 for the torq-thrusts!

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
    1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

...and, try NOT to make it look like this[B)]:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Orange ? .... Superb
        Black and white seats ?...Magnificent

Studebakerchile

Comment

Agreed, Dave! But I do like to hear opinions

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Be great if you can get it done by Halloween. Just kidding.

"I know nothing"

Sargent Schultz

Comment

Red-Orange is my vote. Black and White interior sounds good.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Not many are a great orange out there..good and different choice. There were MANY common red cars at Lancaster (mine was one) but I think turquoise was actually more prevalent. Let's see..torq-thrusts, black and white interior, orange with a view of the sky; can't argue with a great idea.

[img][/img]

Comment

I saw both cars at the meet.

The one with the black top had to be one of the nicest cars there.

Did anyone talk to the owner? It being a '65, I was wondering
                  about the R2 Studebaker drive train in place of what would have
                  been originally a McKinnon powered car.

Also, the one with the white top, did that "fender bender" happen
                  on the way to the meet?

I remember my Dad looking at a brand new '65 Daytona,
                  orange with a white top and black interior.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fstst56

I saw both cars at the meet.

Also, the one with the white top, did that "fender bender" happen
                    on the way to the meet?
                    Yes, Johnny; the orange '65 with white top sustained that damage in route to the Lancaster National Meet. I examined the damage up close and it was indeed fresh. 'Not sure of the details, but that was the official word. It was so fresh I was afraid a delivery truck or something servicing the hotel had hit the car on location, but learned it had arrived that way. 'Sure didn't make someone's day, headed out to Lancaster for what was supposed to be a fun week.[V] BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

A friend of mine had spoken to the owner and said he had fortunately found a quarter panel to fix some of that damage at the meet. The story was someone had pulled out suddenly and struck him on the way there. Second hand info, but sad nonetheless. Here is the good side..

[img][/img]

Comment

Funnier yet, is that color is called RED! Go figure!

StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Would that be a match to "Paxton Supercharger" orange?
                          Orange with white/black on a Skytop would be awesome...a real eye-grabber![8)]

Andy
                          62 GT
                          Andy
                          62 GT

Comment

I had never seen a Lark in orange before this Meet... and had never thought about it on mine. But seeing this shade, I might do it[8D] I love that "creamsicle" orange on the Hawks, but don't think that shade would work on a Lark...

I also thought orange and white seats with black carpet and door panels- but that might be too much. I'm also leaning toward a white Skytop...

I'm thinking... AND listening...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Here's a Nova that was at Carlisle this Spring, in orange. I remembered being wowed by it, but couldn't decide if it was just right or a bit much:

Same with the interior- cool or over the top? I'm not sure:

I guess my sticking point is not if it would look good, but will I be happy with it long-term? I'm trying not to end up with that amount of money and work into a car I'd get sick of looking at... then we know how tough it can be to sell a custom that's too far out[xx(]

Brainstorming these things is fun; so keep those thoughts coming!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X