Parental pride moment:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parental pride moment:)

The other day I was studying a number of Lark and truck parts manuals trying to figure out my taxi/8E input shaft problem, my 2 1/2 year old daughter comes over , picks up off the floor an old Studebaker International catalog with a drawing of an Avanti on it, brings the catalog to me and proudly says...

oo-da-baker daddy!

My wife said that I had a goofy grin on my face after that

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
    The Replacements.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

Time to buy that child a fixer-upper!
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Cool[8D] With my son it was "wathecaw" (race car}[^]

Cute as heck... but he grew up to not have any interest in cars, race or otherwise[|)] He's a big burly 18-year-old, and as sweet and bright a kid as you could ever ask for, just doesn't have the car gene.

Maybe you daughter will love Studes, or maybe not; either way is good. Just enjoy every minute while she's little[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

What that really shows is how big an influence you are to your children and how much you mean to them.

Hey Bob, I'd bet a ton that someday your son will see a Lark or a Lincoln and proudly tell the world "my dad had one of those".

ErnieR

Comment

Working...
        X