Surely this guy is dreaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surely this guy is dreaming?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___STUDEBAKER-GOLDEN-HAWK-289-SUPERCHARGED-EXTREMELY-RARE_W0QQitemZ320301852229QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash =item320301852229&_trkparms=72%3A727|39%3A1|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0. m245

Ebay Golden Hawk. A person would put over 10,000 in it just to get it home. I bet it would take another 50 to restore.
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

this may be a result of a current thing with Ebay to post car listings for free or nearly so. I guess some guys figure there may be a sucker somewhere. Glad you posted it. It just helps us novices to get feedback from experienced guys who have some notion of value for these things

Comment

I said a couple weeks ago I thought there would be an increase in listings with unrealistic prices in this thread:

I think this is one example, and I see several more that appear to be the same. There are over 60 listings currently, I think about 10-15 more than if they still had an up-front fee.

I think my prediction was accurate- just took a couple weeks longer to get going than I thought.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

He just relisted it for $12500.00 apperently the way out of line price of $9500.00 was not far enough out of line.

John

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Actually, he upped the BIN to a ridiculous amount, then added the Best Offer option.

I've sold quite a few guitars using that strategy, and on one occasion somebody actually hit the BIN.

Mark Anderson
          Member SDC and FMCA
          Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

That's certainly optimistic...

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

Actually, he upped the BIN to a ridiculous amount, then added the Best Offer option.

I've sold quite a few guitars using that strategy, and on one occasion somebody actually hit the BIN.

Mark Anderson
              Member SDC and FMCA
              Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Of course he raised the price....look at the link to another GH just like it that sold for $41K [:0]

But no battery hold down!! Actually, not even much of a battery tray left......

Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
              Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

The original listing said it was 99% complete. Maybe he found another half-percent of the parts [:0] and has subsequently determined it is worth more. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by r1lark
                  Of course he raised the price....look at the link to another GH just like it that sold for $41K [:0]
                  Ummm, yeah. Well, there's a world of difference between those two cars... if not a universe.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I think he is from deep in the mountains.

Comment

$10K for that car?? Oh, I get it,he forgot to include a picture of the experimental R-5 engine that comes with it!! LOL

Comment

Did you notice that there were NO bids on the car. I wouldn't have offered $950 for it. It would cost way too much to restore it.
                        Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                        X