Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video from Lancaster

Episode 1:

Recorded on September 17, 2008 using a Flip Video camcorder.

A couple notes:

This still has jittery segments. Still haven't mastered moving with a camera this small You have been warned!

YouTube will be down for maintenance starting at 6pm PDT. See it now, or after.

More to follow- more swap meet, and some auction coverage. Concours tomorrow. What do you want me to film??

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Thanks for the video Bob, saw lots of faces and cars that I know well. Wish I could be there!!

Does your camera not have the sound feature? I'd much rather hear all the excitement, and of course, the exhaust note of Studebakers.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Ah, to be there.... but your video is doing much to minimize my missing the National, and the fact that I still don't have electricity at home. Ike really screwed up things.

Comment

I don't know, Dave, I'll look tomorrow. There's usually 1or 2 on eBay. You want me to pick one up for you?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Try getting one of those telescoping monopod camera stands.
          They help steady you when you stretch it out, but they also help smooth out the camera with their weight hanging straight down under the camera when you are walking around...
          $20 or so on Amazon.com
          Jeff[8D]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Good tip- thanks.

Although it's too late to help this Meet[xx(]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Episode 2:

Recorded on September 17, 2008 using a Flip Video camcorder.

More swap meet. Stopped and talked with Ed Reynolds, but the camera mostly was on his shoulder[:I] It's a little tricky to talk with someone while filming; you'd have to keepyour eye on that 1" screen pretty closely, which seems rude to me; so the centering is not great. I'll try to make that better with subsequent tries. The video ends with a stop at Dave Thibeault's table. He was busy with a customer, so I didn't get to say hello.

These first two videos have inane music in the background; there's a tiny box you have to uncheck if you DON'T want music[}] Now I know.

Am working on episode 3; mostly auction footage. We sat with Wolfie and Shewolf (Steve and Tracy). Some more great Stude people, and some new friends!

Footage of the Concours will follow.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

quote:You want me to pick one up for you?
                If you find one at the meet, I'd appreciate it.
                I'll keep an eye open, Dave.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Does your camera not have the sound feature? I'd much rather hear all the excitement, and of course, the exhaust note of Studebakers.
                  Yes, it does have sound. But in the first two videos there was music added inadvertently If you listen closely you'll hear the audio as well. The next ones won't have the music[B)]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Episode 3:

Recorded on September 18, 2008 using a Flip Video camcorder.

Starts with Jim Lawrence's table. He was closing the sale of the Hawk seats on the table, but you get a look at some of his work- all first rate, and very reasonable! The rest is the auction; gives you a taste of what it's about. Includes the quilt auction.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

How about the outside portion, expecially parts cars and project cars. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the video, Bob. I'm waiting for the one with the concours. Hope you are having fun.

Tim K.
                        '64 R2 GT Hawk
                        Tim K.
                        \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Episode 4:

Recorded on September 18, 2008 using a Flip Video camcorder.

This one's a look at the outdoor swap area. Starts with Tom Karkiewicz, then moves to Bob Peterson from CA, Max Corkins, and Ian MacKellar from Australia. Gives a look at some of the cars in the fairly small area.

Also got to briefly meet Ted Harbit- but again, didn't keep the camera up on his face... hard to do and not be rude[B)]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Concours Part 1:

Recorded on September 19, 2008 using a Flip Video camcorder.

Starts with Hawks and C/Ks... got to say hello to Tom Bredehoft and Bob Johnstone. We get a quick look at JDP's GT (limited by crowd).

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Concours Part 2:

Recorded on September 19, 2008 using a Flip Video camcorder.

First segment is a repeat[}] Takes too long to repair and reload, so[V] Shows the Pre-War stuff, including the incredible 38 4dr. covertibles[]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X