ethonal gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ethonal gas

It has been along summer without a Studebaker to drive. I had the transmission rebuilt so now I am ready to enjoy. This might have come up but I missed it. Most of the stations carry only up to 10% ethenal gas now. Is this a problem for the 289 engines? Your input is valued.

Here in the NY area we have it. I have found that it destroys the rubber diaphram in the pump. I always carry a spare fuel pump

Comment

FWIW, we've had it here for many years. I've driven a completely original Stude on 10% ethanol without problems, other than a 5% loss of fuel economy.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
      PackardV8

Comment

Couple of previous threads....

FWIW...
        I recently bought a carb kit and a fuel pump kit that have the latest rubber in them that is not affected by E-85.
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Deep:

Could you share the source of those kits with us? It would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dean

Dean Croft
          Roseburg,OR

CLEM DESEE
          Dean

CLEM

Comment

Thanks for all the links about the subject. There is only one convenient store in our area that says they will not sell ethenal if they can get stright gas. Does the higher grades of gas contain ethenal?

Comment

Working...
            X