59 Lark wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 Lark wagon

Just joined the SDC. Have had this car a couple years but haven't really done anything with it yet because of other cars I'm working on. This car is very rough but fixable, can't wait until it's driveable.

Do I see 3 carbs on the engine???? Pics, please!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Welcome! Keep us informed!

Chris Pile
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

When you called this wagon "very rough", I went to your profile to see where you were from, but your location was not given. I am guessing that you are not from the rust belt. Good luck with your neat wagon.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

When you called this wagon "very rough", I went to your profile to see where you were from, but your location was not given. I am guessing that you are not from the rust belt.
          From the looks of how the vegetation is devouring the car in the background, I suspect he is in the jungle tropics.

[img]
          [/img]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Borracho..my favorite wagon AND you live in Santa Cruz. I couldn't be more jealous. If you ever get bored with it let me know!! [^] If they only made a skytop 2 door wagon in '59-'60.

Comment

Hello, Borracho,
              Nice to see your wagon. It looks mighty similar to the one I bought in July of '78. Darned if I don't still have it out in my garage, as well as another in the yard (the one I keep for reference so I can remember how to reassemble the good one). Been collecting lotsa NOS and other suitable pieces toward that end. Couldn't tell by the photo, but is there any chance yours has the red and black interior as well in good enough condition for some color reference? For instance: is the dash the same color as the window/door mouldings and are the wheelwells the same color as the surrounding sheet metal pieces? Do the upper and lower tailgates have one, or more colors? Thanks for your time.
              JSC

Comment

Hello Play Wagon
                My car has the red and black interior (what's left of it.) A lot of it is badly faded but it looks like the areas you are asking about were all the same shade of red. On my car some it has faded to sort of a pumpkin color, but areas that didn't get as much sun are red. Underneath the door panels, under the linoleum on the tailgate, the spare tire well, are all red. I hope this helps, I know it isn't much to go on. Good luck with your wagon.

Comment

Greetings, again, borracho,
                  Thanks for responding with the info and well wishes.
                  JSC
                  p.s. What is that tri-power looking set-up poking out of the hood?

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Play Wagon

"Hello, Borracho,
                    Nice to see your wagon. It looks mighty similar to the one I bought in July of '78."

Is your wagon a 2 door as well?

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Originally posted by Play Wagon

"Hello, Borracho,
                      Nice to see your wagon. It looks mighty similar to the one I bought in July of '78."
                      Is your wagon a 2 door as well?
                      Hello, barnlark.
                      Yes, it is (unless you wanna count the tailgate). My understanding is that all '59 wagons were 2dr. Nice lookin' convertible, BTW.
                      JSC

Comment

Right you are..4 doors came in with the new convertibles the next year. You didn't specify it as a '59, just "mighty similar". All of it was just my blatant attempt at a fishing expedition for a 2 door wagon.[8D]

Comment

could that be 3 1bbls certainly not 3 2bbls could it?

1964 Daytona Wagonaire
                          259cid flight o matic

Comment

that one looks mighty similar to one i pawned off one some dude in Santa Cruz. she's doin better with you than if i still had her though. wish i would have kept the brake parts off the original rear axle though.

they just keep following me home
                            they just keep following me home

Comment

Been working on this one, dosen't really look any different, but hot rodding got the better of me. Swapped in a Pontiac 400 and 4 speed, with a '66 tripower setup. Still a lot of work to do before it's running.

Comment

Working...
                              X