This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my son will soon be an SDC member

Last year I bought my son a 1970 Firebird project car, neither him or I had the time or funds to finish it. Now hes less than 6 months away from driving and the bird is not even close to being roadworthy. So we talked and decided to sell the bird. The reason behind selling the car was to get a car closer to being driveable. Heres what I found, a $1200 Ventura Sprint, a $1000 93 Formula Firebird, an $800 86 Trans Am, and a $1500 65 Daytona, as well as a guy who wanted to swap his 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee even up. And yes I like my Pontiacs too, lol. Anyway after explaining the problems and the good points of both he decided on the Daytona. We listed the bird on eBay and it was sold in 3 days thanks to the "buy it now" option. So now we are making arrangments to deliver the bird and pick up the Daytona.

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Congratulations!! Of course, now we're going to hound you for pictures

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Congratulations!! Of course, now we're going to hound you for pictures

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
      http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Congratulations. Don't forget that an SDC Gift Membership (https://www.studebakerdriversclub.co...membership.asp) is available and you can surprise him with the nifty certificate!

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
        Woodbury, Minnesota
        sigpic
        Bob Shaw
        Rush City, Minnesota
        1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
        "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Congratulations. Don't forget that an SDC Gift Membership (https://www.studebakerdriversclub.co...membership.asp) is available and you can surprise him with the nifty certificate!

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota
          sigpic
          Bob Shaw
          Rush City, Minnesota
          1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
          "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BShaw

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota
            I wonder why the certificate states; "...you have been invited to join..." It seems that you would be a member once your dues have been paid by someone. The invitation part sounds like you would have to pay something (additional) to become a member (which is not the case).

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BShaw

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota
              I wonder why the certificate states; "...you have been invited to join..." It seems that you would be a member once your dues have been paid by someone. The invitation part sounds like you would have to pay something (additional) to become a member (which is not the case).

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary,

I might suggest that you go back and review the verbiage of the entire certificate. You will note that it clearly states: "This certificate represents that the giver named below (from) has purchased a one year membership in the Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc. in your name, including a subscription to the award winning Turning Wheels magazine." (red emphasis added)

I fail to understand how you reach the conclusion that any funds would be due given that it also indicates the membership has been purchased. I find that it often pays to check the details before offering a correction.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Gary,

I might suggest that you go back and review the verbiage of the entire certificate. You will note that it clearly states: "This certificate represents that the giver named below (from) has purchased a one year membership in the Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc. in your name, including a subscription to the award winning Turning Wheels magazine." (red emphasis added)

I fail to understand how you reach the conclusion that any funds would be due given that it also indicates the membership has been purchased. I find that it often pays to check the details before offering a correction.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

loc8tr- good news re: the title of this thread: It is my understanding that you don't have to own a Stude to be a member!!

So even without a Stude, your son can become a member immediately!!!

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

loc8tr- good news re: the title of this thread: It is my understanding that you don't have to own a Stude to be a member!!

So even without a Stude, your son can become a member immediately!!!

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

The gift membership would make a good stocking stuffer...

Lotsa Larks!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

The gift membership would make a good stocking stuffer...

Lotsa Larks!
                          Ron Smith
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

studeclunker....I know a guy in NC that has a wagon like in your posts. Needs a total resto but looked pretty complete, I think he wanted like $800 or so for it.

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

studeclunker....I know a guy in NC that has a wagon like in your posts. Needs a total resto but looked pretty complete, I think he wanted like $800 or so for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X