61 hawk horn location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 hawk horn location

I would like to know where your horns are located as maybe someone switched the location on my car. The wire harness fits my location however they will have to be moved...but where?

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

They mount just behind the side-grilles on the filler panel that the air-scoop bolts to. They have an odd bracket that uses (2) bolts.
    They are to the outside of the bumper brackets...

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

Hey Ray, do you have a pic somewhere? I think that's where I have them as they are bolted in those holes however my horns are right in front of my tires

Studebakers forever!
      Studebakers forever!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studelover

Hey Ray, do you have a pic somewhere? I think that's where I have them as they are bolted in those holes however my horns are right in front of my tires
        They are IN FRONT of the filler panel not behind it!
        Here's a Pic

Ray

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studelover

I would like to know where your horns are located as maybe someone switched the location on my car. The wire harness fits my location however they will have to be moved...but where?

Studebakers forever!
          The older I get ...the better I was!

Comment

I'll stand by my location I showed in the other post that the horns are mounted between the bumper brackets in front of the radiator. I found a picture before I disassembled and that is where they are located. I have mine mounted one bolt to far back, should be moved ahead to the bolt just before the bracket curves.

You can see the horn in the lower right corner of the picture.

Wayen K.
            Libby, MT
            61 Hawk (On the road, FINALLY)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by farmhawk

I'll stand by my location I showed in the other post that the horns are mounted between the bumper brackets in front of the radiator.
              I'm sorry... but it appears your horns were moved before you acquired the car. I have worked on many C/K's (54-64), and the original horns were all mounted in the location I indicated. (there have been some located elsewhere- but those were determined not to be originals)

If you prefer to leave them where you found them... that's fine.. but I would move them just to get them away from in front of the radiator. Studes need all the undisturbed air-flow they can get...

Ray

Comment

quote:Originally posted by farmhawk

I'll stand by my location I showed in the other post that the horns are mounted between the bumper brackets in front of the radiator. I found a picture before I disassembled and that is where they are located. I have mine mounted one bolt to far back, should be moved ahead to the bolt just before the bracket curves.

You can see the horn in the lower right corner of the picture.

61 Hawk (On the road, FINALLY)
                You may very well be correct, but it "appears" from the (above) picture you have a DELCO design horn ...not the SPARTON design horn as used on all '61's except those built in Canada.

The older I get ...the better I was!

Comment

Thanks ray I see now I was in the right holes but on the wrong side of the air dam since it's at the shop I can put it on the lift and change them over to the outside of the air dam. I am getting closer to Lancaster all the time

Studebakers forever!
                  Studebakers forever!

Comment

Working...
                  X