Stude Sled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Sled

Hey I am building a 50 1/2 ton with a 3-53 Detroit to power it and want it to sit al low as your truck. I am hoping I can pic your brain on how to do this since I only have experience getting them in the air. Any help will be great. Jay

This is a pic of one of my project trucks. 63 Champ

Keep up the good work. At the shop, we have one of those industrial lifts to do maintenance, necessetated by 25' high ceilings in the building. It uses a hydraulic ram to raise it with a scissors framework so it folds up or down. I was thinkin' maybe you could incorporate on of those "scissors" lifts into one of your truckin' projects, between the frame and the body, so's you can raise the cab & box way, way, waaaay up, or waay down, with just the touch of a button. This should really impress your peers. After all, radically changing the ride height of your vehicle is an indicator of ________(fill in the blank).Just something to chew on. Thanks.

Comment

I'll be at the orphan car show on Fri. and Sat. Call my cell and tell you all you want to know. 417-773-9019

Comment

Battleborn, that truck looks tough lifted like that. Is it finished?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Look over the passenger tire Bams you can see the pickup on the other side.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

The truck is not done yet. I started it when I was 18 and slowley have been tinkering with it. The pic was the last time I had all the suspension under it as we were doing the sway bars. As it sits right now I just changed the gears in the front axle and finished boxing the frame. I will mock it up again this fall and get the steering all figured out. It also needs a bar that goes over the engine to help support each shock hoop. Also to see how much inner fender will have to be cut out.

In the pics its on 37 inch tires and I bought 40 inch to put on it when its done. And I took 3 inches out of the center of the bed and that makes it look really good. All Stude except for the International transfercase and the chevy rear axle and the front Jeep axel. But at the rate I am working on it I might be to old and fat to get in the darn thing. Jay

The sway bar is not attached to the axel in the front but you can see it hooked up in the back.
            [img][/img]

Front suspension.
            [img][/img]

Comment

That is going to be outrageous when it's done! Be sure to keep us updated when there's progress.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
              X