What is a semi rough Packard Hawk worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a semi rough Packard Hawk worth

I looked at a Packard Hawk the other day. It was complete, but had rusty rocker covers, roof drip channels, lower trunk edge seam, and lower fin edges. We are talking small holes and bubbles. Not running, floors are likely to be soft as well. Can I get a rough idea of what to pay? Thanks

Did you take any photos? Its almost impossible to tell what a car might be worth from a description. Did it have the hard to find parts? Like the fan shroud, tach sender, chrome hood insert etc. What was the interior like? Was the engine frozen or could you turn it over?
    And of course do you know any of the numbers from this car? Like body number or serial number?

Mike

Comment

I'm going back to look at it again, and I will see if I can get some of that stuff.

Comment

The most important to determine is if it is truly "complete." Things can be fixed and restored, but many parts on a Packard Hawk are almost impossible to replace (everything from the front bumper pieces to the door sill/armrest pieces). I wouldn't worry too much about the seats. You would probably need to have them reproduced in fresh leather no matter how good or bad they are.
        Since you asked for a "rough idea", I would say $1K-$5K based on almost no information.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

What's a semi-rough Packard Hawk Worth?

About half of what it will cost you to do the interior...

Seriously, if you haven't restored a car before take MikeW's words to heart. The car is not like a Mustang where all you need is a credit card. (Heck, even my Avanti is a bit more of a pain than I expected).

But if it's all there and you have the wallet to do it right...with leather interior and special trim pieces...then have at it.
          It's a rare car and deserves to be saved.

63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Maybe ask the kind folks on Mike's website about '58 Packard Hawks~

www.packardhawk.com

it'd be a start...