It Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Arrived

The ALCO Builder's Plate arrived this afternoon along with the 800 Christamas Ornaments I had made for the SDC Store. They are amazing, but enough shop talk.

Here is the plate.

Pretty cool there Billy G... [8D]

Just how big is that thing[?]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

OK.....where is the Xmas Ornament??

toyman

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude
        Just how big is that thing[?]
        The ad said 12" long by 6" high.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Nice looking plate, Bill. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Cool piece, Bill. When I saw the final price I wondered if the seller thought it would bring that much[:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by toyman

OK.....where is the Xmas Ornament??

toyman
              I have not had time to photograph them. I was really surpised how nice they look. Printed both sides. I will photograph them tomorrow and post it. They are for the SDC store. We are pricing them at an affordable price and an extra percentage off if you buy four (any four) at a time. We made 100 of each of the 8 designs, and If you will be in Lancaster, get them there!!!!!

As for the plate, after Lancaster I am going to chemically remove the yellow/gold paint and then lightly sand the raised lettering so it looks like it did when cast back in 1945.

Finally I bought something younger than me.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Cool piece, Bill. When I saw the final price I wondered if the seller thought it would bring that much[:0]
                I think he expected it would go that high. I spoke with Hal Carstens who publishes Railroad Model Craftsman and he asked around his staff and some of these plates go for astronmical prices. The trick with these is to check if they are the real deal.

Comment

As I said, if the railroad item(or the railroad item that's attached to a bigger railroad item)has a reputation or strong following behind it, the item may not go for as cheap as some people think. Part of it is we're dealing with industrial machinery where to many people and railfans it has a known and diverse history behind it, and items attached to it are highly prized for the train, er living room. [}]

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left]
                  [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                  [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                  1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                  1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                  1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                  1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Billy, I hope you bring some of those Christmas Ornaments to Lancaster for all to see and buy from your store.
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

That's a nice plate. Now you just need a switcher to bolt it to .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

Billy, I hope you bring some of those Christmas Ornaments to Lancaster for all to see and buy from your store.

We are bringing allof them to Lancaster. Right now there is only 100 of each design. As I said they are printed both sides. $8 ea, any 4 for $29.00
                        Here they are

Each ornament has this printed on the rear

Comment

Nice bulbs. Now, are they individually boxed, or can one buy a whole set boxed together?

Oh yes, and congrats on the builder's plate. I've always wanted a business or private car. It'd make a great summer house.

Um, talk to your railfan friend before removing that paint. It just might drop the value of the plaque if you remove it.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Nice bulbs. Now, are they individually boxed, or can one buy a whole set boxed together?

Oh yes, and congrats on the builder's plate. I've always wanted a business or private car. It'd make a great summer house.

Um, talk to your railfan friend before removing that paint. It just might drop the value of the plaque if you remove it.
                            Sorry should have posted how they come. Each comes in it's own box, and the box itself is a work of art. All 800 came in 16 boxes, and the boxes were marked ...........this side up....fragile..........do not drop, do not stack etc. No breakage anywhere. You can buy them single, or multiples, the deal is that if you buy 4, your choice, you save three bucks.

As far as the plate and paint go, from what I can tell by photos people have been sending me, when delivered the plate was painted black, then it was repainted and the engine got a baby ble paint job, and then finally a yellow paint scheme.

It is kind of like that 1945 C-5 truck I had a bunch of years ago, there were more company names on each door you could not tell what it was originally.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly
                              At least Mark will be happy there is a "C" cab truck....

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Working...
                              X