X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answer in Search of a Question.....

Sure, it's dented....
    But how?

One of the many mysteries found inside the 'Garage Mahjal' at Pat Skellys....
    Jeff[8D]
    PS: That's on a '60 Hawk that Pat is prepping to Ebay soon...

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Maybe someone got a little too close to the garage door when it was open?

Tim K.
    '64 R2 GT Hawk
    Tim K.
    \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

I would have thought the hinges would tear back before the door would give like this. Surprising. Or are those scratches in the paint signs of the door having travelled a few inches backwards once?

Dan
      52 hardtop

Comment

Partway open - engaged an immovable object.[:I]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Here's a couple pic's of Pat's '60 Hawk that we worked on a while yesterday.....

The hood was tweaked a little.
          Someone had pushed the nose of the hood hard enough to twist the tube a bit.
          Not awful bent, but just tweaked to where the grille would not fit decent.
          Took a short chain, and a 2x4, and a bottle jack and made a Rube Goldberg porta-power setup.
          Did a lil' tugging, and twisting, and got the hood straightened to where the grille fit real well.

Pat worked on the engine a bit (changed the points) and got it running real smooth...

Still need to fix a bad trans leak. Looks like the pan gasket is morked. I am going to get a trans filter kit for Pat and that will help a lot....
          This Hawk looks pretty good as far as Hawks go.
          Rusty underneath. One of the batwings is delaminating a bit, but it isn't too awful for a low end Hawk.
          Could be a real good entry level Stude for someone who isn't afraid to get dirty.
          Has fiberglass front fenders on it that look superb.
          Needs an interior...
          I'd consider it if I didn't already have similar projects...
          If you are interested, give Pat a shout before he tosses it up on Ebay...
          Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I'll ask my wife ....she could do that

LANCASTER or BUST
            "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
            1964 Daytona HT
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

[navy][b]Sure, it's dented....
              But how?

One of the many mysteries found inside the 'Garage Mahjal' at Pat Skellys....
              Just an educated guess. If the vent was open in a parking lot, I'd say a car turning into the parking spot next to the Hawk and cut the turn too close.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

High speed bicycle wreck when parked at the bottom of a steep incline.

Kevin Wolford
                Plymouth, IN

55 Champion
                60 Lark VI Conv.
                63 Avanti R1

Comment

Looks like somebody zigged when they shudda zagged...

Comment

I knew exactly what car it was as soon as I saw the pic... [8D] Hope it goes to a good home. That would make a decent car.

Glad to see that Pat's finally getting ready to sell Emily's car. Now she can focus on her Studillac... [^]

Matthew Burnette
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I'm going with the "it was open" at the time. Something, such as a door, hit it basically 'head-on' in reference to itself, not the car. From the bend forward, there are scratch marks; from the bend backward, there are none. The 'collision' occured on/at the very edge of the front and pushed the whole door back causing the damage to the fender. I rest my case.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Working...
                      X